Thread: Good Idea or Not?

Good Idea or Not?

Saw an ad for this Pepper Spray.

While the ergonomics of a gun are good for delivering the spray more accurately, is it a good idea? Guns are restricted in many areas where Pepper Spray is not.

It would seem to me that this might cause some unwanted grief for anyone carrying it.

Good Idea or Not? Your comments.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Sure looks like a gun to me. Depending on how it delivers the pepper, might legally meet the definition of one too. I see what might be a hammer, if it uses an explosive or primer to discharge a projectile (pepper ball) I think that makes it a firearm under WA state law.

ETA: Ah, here it is:

RCW 9.41.010
    Terms defined.

(7) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

Now, if that were a 12ga buckshot shell instead, that would make one messsy lil close-in BUG
    Last edited by Metalhead47; 03-25-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Kimber has made something like this for many years.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Pull that out on the wrong guy and you could get shot. The other person would have somewhat of a defense, since it looks like a gun and they had to make a split second decision to shoot or don't shoot...

I am not a lawyer, but I could see that happening....
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Quote Originally Posted by j2l3 View Post
    Pull that out on the wrong guy and you could get shot. The other person would have somewhat of a defense, since it looks like a gun and they had to make a split second decision to shoot or don't shoot...

I am not a lawyer, but I could see that happening....
    +1 You might want to check out Spitfire's line of products:

http://www.spitfire.us/

http://www.amazon.com/Spitfire-Brand.../dp/B0002INWGE

It's kind of a neat idea. Shoots a straight stream via a nozzle in the front (as opposed to the side like most pepper spray canisters) and is detachable from your keychain with a tug. This way, if you're ever car-jacked you can pull it off your keys, etc. And, if you're ever being strangled from behind, you can just move your hand up and behind your neck to shoot the attacker's eyes -- this wouldn't be possible with a normal pepper spray can.
    Last edited by meggers; 03-25-2011 at 01:30 PM.