Thread: GFSZ fail.

GFSZ fail.

Just saw this on the news. The GFSZ fails to stop a shooter.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42266593...me_and_courts/
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

This is something I have kinda wondered about myself here. The sort of child I was, if anyone tried to "lockdown" a school, I'd find a way to leave anyway. I worry that now older, and when I become a parent.. How should/would a parent deal with a situation like this.

At any rate. Is it legal to do that? Hold you out of a public school from retrieving your own child? I don't have any kids yet, but really. I would have an extremely difficult time allowing my child to be in a dangerous lockdown situation. I'd want my child with me.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    This happens all the time. Two days ago three boys were arrested in a Berkeley high school, two handguns were found. It doesn't look like any of the boys will face charges, just expulsion.

Then last week five men were shot a block away from a school in SF.

And this is just me casually stumbling upon these stories on the limited websites I visit. Happens all the time.

More proof that the "Gun Free School Zone" fee-good BS law, aka CA PC 626.9, does not stop the crime from happening.

This law should be revised as an enhancement for a crime committed with a gun, just as commission of a crime in a School Zone has an enhancement for possession of drugs.

No wrong doing = No GFSZ charge.
    Commission of a crime = GFSZ charge.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Quote Originally Posted by demnogis View Post
    More proof that the "Gun Free School Zone" fee-good BS law, aka CA PC 626.9, does not stop the crime from happening.

This law should be revised as an enhancement for a crime committed with a gun, just as commission of a crime in a School Zone has an enhancement for possession of drugs.

No wrong doing = No GFSZ charge.
    Commission of a crime = GFSZ charge.
    Hey demnogis,

But, you are using rational thinking skills...our legislature is not capable of that!

markm

Isn't there another part of the penal code that deals with crimes in a school zone? An enhancement that calls for a stronger penalty, during school hours.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.