• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GFSZ fail.

VW_Factor

This is something I have kinda wondered about myself here. The sort of child I was, if anyone tried to "lockdown" a school, I'd find a way to leave anyway. I worry that now older, and when I become a parent.. How should/would a parent deal with a situation like this.

At any rate. Is it legal to do that? Hold you out of a public school from retrieving your own child? I don't have any kids yet, but really. I would have an extremely difficult time allowing my child to be in a dangerous lockdown situation. I'd want my child with me.

demnogis

More proof that the "Gun Free School Zone" fee-good BS law, aka CA PC 626.9, does not stop the crime from happening.

This law should be revised as an enhancement for a crime committed with a gun, just as commission of a crime in a School Zone has an enhancement for possession of drugs.

No wrong doing = No GFSZ charge.
Commission of a crime = GFSZ charge.

markm

More proof that the "Gun Free School Zone" fee-good BS law, aka CA PC 626.9, does not stop the crime from happening.

This law should be revised as an enhancement for a crime committed with a gun, just as commission of a crime in a School Zone has an enhancement for possession of drugs.

No wrong doing = No GFSZ charge.
Commission of a crime = GFSZ charge.

Hey demnogis,

But, you are using rational thinking skills...our legislature is not capable of that!

markm

Gundude

Isn't there another part of the penal code that deals with crimes in a school zone? An enhancement that calls for a stronger penalty, during school hours.