• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Project Gunrunner scandal goes nuclear

Dave Workman

How high up does ‘Project Gunrunner’ go? (Who knew what and when?)

The Project Gunrunner scandal took another step up the government food chain with last night’s disclosure in a CBS News interview with a former senior official with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that the operation was approved by someone in the Department of Justice “even higher than ATF Director Kenneth Melson.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...s-project-gunrunner-go-who-knew-what-and-when

rotorhead

Gee, I wonder if that pos, moron holder was involved...just like I wonder whether the sun will rise in the east.

Well, the sun doesn't rise in the East. The earth actually revolves around the sun and what you see is based on your position relative to the sun.

That's the same kind of technicality they will use to deny any knowledge if the operation in question :)

Thundar

CA, AZ and TX should Prosecute

This was a criminal conspiracy which voilated state law in Texas, in Arizona and in California. Each state should investigate and file charges.

Put the law breakers behind bars where they belong. If they get away with it this time, it will be 10 x worse next time. Let them learn that states are sovereign and that they may be able to manipulate federal prosecutors, but states are a different matter entirely.