• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Free School Zones--The Oxymoron Of Our Age

sudden valley gunner

Great article.

In addition to your examples of criminals not being charged with this law, we have an example of that guy that didn't know it and was arrested for peaceably carrying his firearm in a schools zone.

fjpro2a

Synonym for GFSZ

I am probably the 1,000th person to say this, but instead of Gun Free School Zone, we should always say "Criminal Friendly School Zone."

MKEgal

I usually put "gun-free" in quotes (yes, I use that annoying double-finger movement when I speak about it), or refer to them as victim disarmament zones.

KansasMustang

I am probably the 1,000th person to say this, but instead of Gun Free School Zone, we should always say "Criminal Friendly School Zone."

I would also add that in the military sense at least, to a criminal/terrorist it is what we in the military would call a target rich environment. These idiots that place our children in danger by not allowing Law abiding citizens to carry in these zones are the real criminals. As we all know. Most of the school shootings would either not have occurred or would have been minimized by a single LAC in the school carrying a firearm. Of course the Liberals would want it to be a LEO. However with the taxes we already pay to provide LEO's it's an extra burden on already too high taxes.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Our "gun free zones" on College and University campuses are working REALLY well here in NC--for the thugs...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines..._Students_Of_Assault_On_Campus_119161054.html

But of course! Didn't you know that organized crime has been one of the leading sources of political funding for centuries? Possibly millennia. Same goes for the fact that big crime got smart over the years, became known as "organized crime," and after sending the smarter ones to the best schools, often morphed into or infiltrated legitimate businesses, which themselves are also among the leading sources of political funding.

Rhetorical questions and comments, though, and of course you know that. It all comes back down to a vision held by our Founding Fathers, that an armed populace is not easily trifled with, much less subverted.