Thread: Holster for open carry

Holster for open carry

is this style of holster ok for open carry when carrying mag in the built in pouch? i have went to both Sheriff's Department up here and both people i spoke to say yes it ok.
    http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/the...ip-belt/Detail

but it say in 12031 (g) A firearm shall be deemed to be loaded for the purposes of
    this section when there is an unexpended cartridge or shell,
    consisting of a case that holds a charge of powder and a bullet or
    shot, in, or attached in any manner to, the firearm, including, but
    not limited to, in the firing chamber, magazine, or clip thereof
    attached to the firearm; except that a muzzle-loader firearm shall be
    deemed to be loaded when it is capped or primed and has a powder
    charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinder.
    "attached in any manner to, the firearm" this is what i need your take on.
    http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/the...ip-belt/Detail

thanks marlen

The quick answer is, it can work, its legal by the PC you quoted.

...but

it doesnt guarantee that you wont be detained arrested and charged with that same PC.
    LE that want to go after you, will just go after you. The hope is most wont, and understand the law, but there will always be that 1 LE out there who is gonna teach you a lesson because they want to. Then you will have your day in court.

I have seen people use that holster, and maybe all the times you UOC it will be fine and nothing will happen. But there are no guarantees. I personally would carry with weapon and mags separate on opposite hips. One less thing they can try to stick on you..

You may think im being silly, but 1 UOC'r I know rubbed a LEO the wrong way and he got arrested for 653K (carrying a switchblade) for a folding pocket knife, while UOC'ing his handgun as well.. Im talking the same type of folding knife many of us wear clipped to our right front pocket. He just wanted to make it difficult and cost him time and money for his day in court.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I use this Uncle Mike's with my .380
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holster.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	5551

This is the one I carry on me. Drop-leg and it's tactical... Yeah, it's a little obnoxious for a holster, but it gets the job done!
    Last edited by DooFster; 03-26-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

that holster is fine however

I think the description for that holster says it all the mag pouch on that holster is a back up mag pouch. I dont think it should be used for a primary mag holster and the reason is if you had to load your weapon you would have to reach across your body to access the mag which may cost you valuable time. This is just my opinion maybe some of you who use these holsters have the practice drawing and loading that could compete with a more traditional mag holster.

yes i carry my main mag on my left side . with one in the pouch as back up.

I took the extra mag-pouches off just leaving the holster itself... I use the others on my belt for my left side. In a sense, I'm still using the secondary pouches...
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...