• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dick's Sporting Goods not gun owner/Military friendly

oldbanger

The primary form of ID shall consist of a valid photo-ID form issued by a governmental agency of the Commonwealth or of the prospective purchaser or transferee’s home state that denotes the individual’s name, race [sic]....

In my state, Idaho, we are not identified by race........................

anyone have a problem with that?

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
The fourth form of identification, which supplies the "local address" requirement, could be an envelope from a letter delivered to you by the USPS at your home; a utility bill; property tax receipt, vehicle registration, etc. Not all of the items required have to be on the same document.

But as to Dick's - I haven't been back for quite a while, because I was strongly impressed with their inability to get out of their own way. The only way to have such bad service is to compete with Wal-Mart, and I don't think they can do it. I don't think I'll be buying any stock in whatever company owns Dick's.

If anyone wishes to help poor Dick's get better, just in case they feel motivated to stay in business, write to this address:

JOSEPH H SCHMIDT, PRES/COO,
Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.
345 COURT ST
CARAOPOLIS, PA 15108

Last edited:

Mtam

Dick's is over priced. I can't think of any reason I would shop there.