Thread: Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL?

Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL?

There's Hartford Advocate blog posting mentioning the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, the NRA, and the proposed "high capacity" magazine ban.

Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL?
    http://www.hartfordadvocate.com/driv...he-ccdl-064550
    “Most legitimate gun owners can make do with 10 rounds [in a magazine],” West Hartford Police Chief James Strillacci told lawmakers on the legislature’s Judiciary Committee. He called the idea of limiting the size of magazines for firearms “a small step” in the right direction.
    The NRA, Benedetto explained, simply wasn’t paying enough attention to Connecticut. “The NRA usually only shows up when it’s a national issue,” he said, adding the national organization doesn’t seem to put “a lot of force” into state debates.
    The story also made its way to the Democratic Underground and caused some consternation over there.
    h t t p://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x394985 (copy and paste link - link left cold intentionally)

recall that police chief!

“Most legitimate gun owners can make do with 10 rounds [in a magazine],” West Hartford Police Chief James Strillacci told lawmakers
    If police officers - who often travel with a partner, usually carry several magazines, often have a long gun in their car, and have lots of armed backup at the squawk of a radio - think it's good to carry more than 10 round magazines, why the h-e-double-toothpicks does he think that citizens protecting themselves (who usually don't have an armed partner, might carry an extra magazine, and definitely can't rely on massive swift response from police) should do any less?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I countered his BS on the "castle doctrine light" bill we had on the same day.

He said a castle doctrine could be dangerous for cops.

My son loves the show cops (I think he thinks it's funny for the criminals more than he likes the cops). All the episodes I've watched with my son, they always knock the door down, announce they are cops and proceed.

What is the problem with west Hartford...... they don't notify when they kick in doors? They need more training?

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.