• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL?

bennor

There's Hartford Advocate blog posting mentioning the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, the NRA, and the proposed "high capacity" magazine ban.

Drive-By Media: Who needs those candy-ass NRA dudes when we got the CCDL?
http://www.hartfordadvocate.com/drive-by-media/drive-by-media-who-needs-those-candy-ass-nra-dudes-when-we-got-the-ccdl-064550
“Most legitimate gun owners can make do with 10 rounds [in a magazine],” West Hartford Police Chief James Strillacci told lawmakers on the legislature’s Judiciary Committee. He called the idea of limiting the size of magazines for firearms “a small step” in the right direction.
The NRA, Benedetto explained, simply wasn’t paying enough attention to Connecticut. “The NRA usually only shows up when it’s a national issue,” he said, adding the national organization doesn’t seem to put “a lot of force” into state debates.

The story also made its way to the Democratic Underground and caused some consternation over there.
h t t p://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=118x394985 (copy and paste link - link left cold intentionally)

MKEgal

recall that police chief!

“Most legitimate gun owners can make do with 10 rounds [in a magazine],” West Hartford Police Chief James Strillacci told lawmakers
If police officers - who often travel with a partner, usually carry several magazines, often have a long gun in their car, and have lots of armed backup at the squawk of a radio - think it's good to carry more than 10 round magazines, why the h-e-double-toothpicks does he think that citizens protecting themselves (who usually don't have an armed partner, might carry an extra magazine, and definitely can't rely on massive swift response from police) should do any less?
:banghead: :mad: :cuss:

KIX

I countered his BS on the "castle doctrine light" bill we had on the same day.

He said a castle doctrine could be dangerous for cops.

My son loves the show cops (I think he thinks it's funny for the criminals more than he likes the cops). All the episodes I've watched with my son, they always knock the door down, announce they are cops and proceed.

What is the problem with west Hartford...... they don't notify when they kick in doors? They need more training?

Jonathan