• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad Open Carry Police Encounter

mja1000

Below are a couple links to the audio of a bad Police encounter a fellow OC brother had in Philadelphia PA. I know it's not a Wisconsin topic, but listening to it really made me angry. Just thought I'd share as I haven't seen it posted here.

Part 1 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vUYeJXSrA

Part 2 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igt-vp7VF0E

It's fairly recent...was uploaded to YouTube on March 23rd.

This encounter is pretty much your worst nightmare....

--MJA1000

Last edited:

xd40arff

As much as I am on the OCer's side. I personally would completely comply with the LEO that has me at gunpoint, then let lawyers figure it out later as I don't ever want to see what getting shot at is like. Those LEO's definitely have some questions to answer however from what I hear in that audio. Not trying to bash LEO's, I am a fire fighter myself, with many LEO friends.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
F that J B T. Who the F do they cops think they are ??? GODS, THAT WE SHOULD WORSHIP & FEAR ?!! Hell NO ! We are a FREE PEOPLE that are protected by LAWS & RIGHTS! WE are NOT their Subjects ! why the hell should we BOW DOWN to these BLUE CLAD THUGS that POINT GUNS at us ? Legal action is a joke ! the police are almost NEVER found guilty of anything & are ABOVE the law. HIT MEN wearing blue. What has this country digressed into ? We have rights yet the POLICE can throw them into the wind whenever it suits them ? Then if you survive a trigger happy cop you can take it to the courts, that won't believe a word you say ?

This country is SOOOO lost.

Welcome to the new world order my fellow Subjects.

Where are the founding fathers when we need them so bad ??!! If they were here they would be doing this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ7ZDUutU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmIJaFSQsyE

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Subject of these 4 audio recordings on Utube NEEDS to remain silent ONCE he has invoked this right. He gave entirely too much information.

Reading some of the comments this is NOT the first time this has happened to him but he doesn't seem to do anything except go to internal affairs.

Seems it will continue to happen to him and others this way UNTIL someone successfully gets the attention of the Philadelphia Police Dept.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Subject of these 4 audio recordings on Utube NEEDS to remain silent ONCE he has invoked this right. He gave entirely too much information.

Reading some of the comments this is NOT the first time this has happened to him but he doesn't seem to do anything except go to internal affairs.

Seems it will continue to happen to him and others this way UNTIL someone successfully gets the attention of the Philadelphia Police Dept.

235 years ago, Philly where the Declaration was signed WAS the capitol of FREEDOM what happened to that city & those employed by it ? The Police in this country & specially Philly should be wearing RED coats, not Blue or tacticool black.

I keep looking for a lantern burning in a window......

Last edited:

Pyro01

I agree he should have stayed quieter, but I would have complied with the officer when he had his gun drawn on me, and then I'd have his CO verify whether what the officer did was right or wrong. I don't know if you have to produce ID in Philadelphia, which I'm guessing you do, but if they want to illegally detain me, I'll let them. If they don't know the law then it can prove costly for the department of Philadelphia.

Greg Bradburn

I agree he should have stayed quieter, but I would have complied with the officer when he had his gun drawn on me, and then I'd have his CO verify whether what the officer did was right or wrong. I don't know if you have to produce ID in Philadelphia, which I'm guessing you do, but if they want to illegally detain me, I'll let them. If they don't know the law then it can prove costly for the department of Philadelphia.

That was my thought listening to the recording. The cop sounded very emotional and in my opinion on the verge of pulling the trigger. I would have politely complied once I saw how upset he was. Better to live and fight another day and all that.

I'm glad he didn't end up getting shot.

CalicoJack10

You know, this reminds me of a gung ho, trash everyone's rights cop in my area. I finally had the chance to meet him, and from what I hear he is not very well liked by fellow law enforcement, but nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Carcharodon

235 years ago, Philly where the Declaration was signed WAS the capitol of FREEDOM what happened to that city & those employed by it ? The Police in this country & specially Philly should be wearing RED coats, not Blue or tacticool black.

I keep looking for a lantern burning in a window......
+11

waapl01

Bad Encounter with LEO

Below are a couple links to the audio of a bad Police encounter a fellow OC brother had in Philadelphia PA. I know it's not a Wisconsin topic, but listening to it really made me angry. Just thought I'd share as I haven't seen it posted here.

Part 1 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vUYeJXSrA

Part 2 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igt-vp7VF0E

It's fairly recent...was uploaded to YouTube on March 23rd.

This encounter is pretty much your worst nightmare....

--MJA1000
I'm not from PA/Philly, but first on scene officer/state would have a lawsuit on their hands, just because the way this was handled. Living in the northeast sucks.

JJC

I believe that Pennsylvania is a concealed only state. (Handgunlaw.us) states a pennsylvania permit is issued to carry concealed.

This guy was wrong. But the LEO was wrong with the way he handled it also.

JMHO

JJC

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
That was my thought listening to the recording. The cop sounded very emotional and in my opinion on the verge of pulling the trigger. I would have politely complied once I saw how upset he was. Better to live and fight another day and all that.

I'm glad he didn't end up getting shot.

I would have went the exact opposite way and demanded that the officer holster his weapon immediately, I would have been screaming it as loud as I possibly could. I have had cops draw on me while I was unarmed, (Vilas County during a snowmobile stop) and I reacted by screaming at him to holster his weapon then, and I will not hesitate to do it if the situation ever happens to me again..

I have learned through experience with working with large dogs that you must show dominant behavior or they will mess with you. I have also found this to be true with a few (Many) cops. I absolutely refuse to submit to an unlawful order, and I will continue to do so for as long as I live.

I feel that when everyone submits, it just reinforces their abhorrent behavior. It's just like rewarding a dog for unwanted behavior!

Felix

I would have went the exact opposite way and demanded that the officer holster his weapon immediately, ...

How do you suppose that would have worked out with this cop in his state of mind? I fear we'd have been writing R.I.P. Nutczak condolences to your survivors.

Curmudgeon

I believe that Pennsylvania is a concealed only state. (Handgunlaw.us) states a pennsylvania permit is issued to carry concealed.

This guy was wrong. But the LEO was wrong with the way he handled it also.

JMHO

JJC

You have incorrectly interpreted what Handgunlaw.us is trying to say. A permit/license is required for concealment, but open carry is legal without a license throughout all of PA *except* Pilly which is the only place a license is required for both OC and CC. :cool:

Resdon111

This is just flat out unacceptable. Even if it was illegal for him to OC there, the officer shouldn't be taking that as a threat. If he wants to investigate the situation and ask questions, fine, he has every right to be suspicious. But how can the officer go from "investigation and citation" to "GUN THAT MUTHER DOWN!!!".

LR Yote 312

Its real hard to listen to that havin been thru a LEO encounter similar.

I will say this much. Once an Officer starts stepping on your explanations or talking over you, you no longer have an open line of communication with him.

SHUT UP....trying to explain yourself or trying to talk over the officer is only going to be seen as an argumentitive attitude towards them.

Dont tell them your invoking your Right ...Just SHUT UP.
If you tell them you invoking a Right and then decide to speak afterwards you've broken that Right.

LR Yote

Last edited:

Greg Bradburn

I would have went the exact opposite way and demanded that the officer holster his weapon immediately, I would have been screaming it as loud as I possibly could. I have had cops draw on me while I was unarmed, (Vilas County during a snowmobile stop) and I reacted by screaming at him to holster his weapon then, and I will not hesitate to do it if the situation ever happens to me again..

I have learned through experience with working with large dogs that you must show dominant behavior or they will mess with you. I have also found this to be true with a few (Many) cops. I absolutely refuse to submit to an unlawful order, and I will continue to do so for as long as I live....

Which won't be very long if you continue with that reasoning. The officer on the recording was very close to shooting our OCer. Do you really think it would have ended well if he had started yelling at him to holster his weapon?

On the side of the road, looking down the barrel of a loaded gun is NOT the time to assert your rights. Live to fight another day.

xd40 neenah

Maybe its just me, but I found the officers to be extremely unprofessional in everything they did including their language. The f-bomb, really? Not quite sure this situation warranted several instances of it.
Now, I would have gone with the comply and sort it out later routine to save myself from getting shot but the officers definitely over reacted and should be punished, perhaps fired and blacklisted.

JMHO