Thread: U.K. Violent Crime5 times higher than U.S. How's the hangun ban working Limey?

U.K. Violent Crime5 times higher than U.S. How's the hangun ban working Limey?

UK Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...frica-U-S.html

Gun grabber chickens have come home to roost.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

There is no remaining threat to the criminal.

When no one but the criminal and the "law" has a firearm then they criminal is free to act as he pleases. There is no danger in pillaging the people. Unless, of course, you are the government...
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

See the quote from the Chicago police officer in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

"U.K. Violent Crime5 times higher than U.S. How's the hangun ban working Limey?"

The gun ban in the U.K., like the gun ban in Australia has been a miserable failure. All the costly to tax payers $500,000,000 gun buy back and ban did for Australians was enable armed criminals who never handed in one firearm during the ban and subsequent amnesties. They have been empowered knowing the posibility of their victim returning fire has virtually been iliminated.

It didn't work too well for this poor man.

One neighbour, who saw the shooting but was too terrified to be named, said: “He was begging, literally begging for his life. I didn’t dare look out my window in case they saw me. I heard them laughing and swearing at him, calling him a ‘b***h’. I heard them laughing afterwards as well.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...#ixzz1Kar3L700

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    One neighbour, who saw the shooting but was too terrified to be named, said: “He was begging, literally begging for his life. I didn’t dare look out my window in case they saw me. I heard them laughing and swearing at him, calling him a ‘b***h’. I heard them laughing afterwards as well.”

Therein lies the whole argument against gun control.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post

A few more of those begging-for-life stories, and I think Britons might get their guns back. There's a lot of impact in that aspect of the report.

The elements like his being a popular guy and father of four can be assuaged by "vigils" and "memorials." But, that begging-for-life is pretty in-your-face.

How true!

Haz.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Until the sheep get angry enough and in large enough numbers, I fear it will be business as usual in England. They are being led to slaughter.

It is beyond me why our brothers across the pond allow this to continue.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Before you knock them ask how LA, Seattle, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut among others gave up their guns so easily. One small step at a time is how they did it and that is how they will get their guns back, one small step at a time. Remember the only difference from Clarence in the Pub knocking back a mug and Harold in a Boston tavern knocking back a shot and a beer is 3200 miles, we are more alike than we are different and there is nothing to be gained by name calling.