• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.K. Violent Crime5 times higher than U.S. How's the hangun ban working Limey?

Freedom First

There is no remaining threat to the criminal.

When no one but the criminal and the "law" has a firearm then they criminal is free to act as he pleases. There is no danger in pillaging the people. Unless, of course, you are the government...

Haz.

"U.K. Violent Crime5 times higher than U.S. How's the hangun ban working Limey?"

The gun ban in the U.K., like the gun ban in Australia has been a miserable failure. All the costly to tax payers $500,000,000 gun buy back and ban did for Australians was enable armed criminals who never handed in one firearm during the ban and subsequent amnesties. They have been empowered knowing the posibility of their victim returning fire has virtually been iliminated.

sharkey

It didn't work too well for this poor man.

One neighbour, who saw the shooting but was too terrified to be named, said: “He was begging, literally begging for his life. I didn’t dare look out my window in case they saw me. I heard them laughing and swearing at him, calling him a ‘b***h’. I heard them laughing afterwards as well.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ld-s-shot-dead-115875-23075797/#ixzz1Kar3L700

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
One neighbour, who saw the shooting but was too terrified to be named, said: “He was begging, literally begging for his life. I didn’t dare look out my window in case they saw me. I heard them laughing and swearing at him, calling him a ‘b***h’. I heard them laughing afterwards as well.”

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ld-s-shot-dead-115875-23075797/#ixzz1Kar3L700

A few more of those begging-for-life stories, and I think Britons might get their guns back. There's a lot of impact in that aspect of the report.

The elements like his being a popular guy and father of four can be assuaged by "vigils" and "memorials." But, that begging-for-life is pretty in-your-face.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Until the sheep get angry enough and in large enough numbers, I fear it will be business as usual in England. They are being led to slaughter. :(

It is beyond me why our brothers across the pond allow this to continue. :banghead:

Old Grump

Before you knock them ask how LA, Seattle, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut among others gave up their guns so easily. One small step at a time is how they did it and that is how they will get their guns back, one small step at a time. Remember the only difference from Clarence in the Pub knocking back a mug and Harold in a Boston tavern knocking back a shot and a beer is 3200 miles, we are more alike than we are different and there is nothing to be gained by name calling.