Thread: cracker barrell

Angry cracker barrell

Went today to cracker barrell to eat. Always open carry. Been there before doing the same, except today the manager says to either keep my pistol in my vehicle or conceal carry. Had people call the main office complaining. It's about the kids! La de f---- da. Guess cracker barrell is on my "do not vist" list. Oh yeah, this happened in Athens.
    Last edited by marine77; 03-25-2011 at 10:39 PM.

There's another thread going (VA forum, IIRC) about CB's new anti-rights policy.
    Apparently it's national.
    Hope you told the manager you wouldn't spend money there any more?

The group in VA was approached after they were seated & served, & they got up & left all the food on the table. Showed very clearly what the restaurant was losing by their policy.

Here's the thread I was thinking of:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...cracker+barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Sounds like you need to write the headquarters and complain.

Dont complain so much that they post the gunbuster sign, but advise them you wont be spending your $$$ there, and will be advising all who will listen not to.

Then get a bunch of your friends to do same.

Send them a bunch of old receipts showing how much you were spending there.

Tell them permit holders are the least of their worries, as we are 14 times LESS likely to commit a crime.

The children are safer because we are there...
    Μολὼν λάβε

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Think that Cracker Barrel depends much on transient trade more than local customers - very different than say Starbucks.

Not saying that letters, phone calls and emails won't have some potential effect, I just don't think as much.

That and while headquartered in Tennessee, the major investor is, as I understand it, in NY.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That and while headquartered in Tennessee, the major investor is, as I understand it, in NY.
    It's a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.

- OS

Think that Cracker Barrel depends much on transient trade more than local customers - very different than say Starbucks.

Not saying that letters, phone calls and emails won't have some potential effect, I just don't think as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Shoot View Post
    It's a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.

- OS
    How does that differ from what I said?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

How does that differ from what I said?
    Investors are the those who own stock in the company, irrelevant where a stock exchange is. NASDAQ does not own stock.

- OS
    Last edited by Oh Shoot; 03-29-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Investors are the those who own stock in the company, irrelevant where a stock exchange is. NASDAQ does not own stock.

- OS
    I never raised the issue of where it was traded nor required the definition of "investors".

My issue/question related to WHO owned a controlling interest.
    Reread my quote: "......while headquartered in Tennessee, the major investor is, as I understand it, in NY."
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-29-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: added

I never raised the issue of where it was traded nor required the definition of "investors".

My issue/question related to WHO owned a controlling interest.
    Reread my quote: "......while headquartered in Tennessee, the major investor is, as I understand it, in NY."
    Well, I don't know why you say that, or why you care, but that's all totally wrong, too.

Almost 80% of stock (the better part of a billion dollars worth) is held by 211 different "institutions", which are mostly mutual funds investment firms. Not that it matters, but none of the top five are in NYC or NYS.

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.a...&selected=CBRL

Therefore, no individual could possibly own over 20% of CB stock, not that any individual does, in NY or elsewhere.

- OS
    Last edited by Oh Shoot; 03-29-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Well, I don't know why you say that, or why you care, but that's all totally wrong, too.

Almost 80% of stock (the better part of a billion dollars worth) is held by 211 different "institutions", which are mostly mutual funds investment firms. Not that it matters, but none of the top five are in NYC or NYS.

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/holdings.a...&selected=CBRL

Therefore, no individual could possibly own over 20% of CB stock, not that any individual does, in NY or elsewhere.

- OS
    Interesting, but without application here.

First I never implied an "individual" had a controlling interest.

Secondly there is, as you must know, a major difference in preferred stock and common stock (normally with voting rights) and supervoting stock. Any grouping of the 3 or 4 major investment groups could provide a significant bloc of votes, very much dependent on management agreements that may or may not exist.

I do not know how this would play out and I really don't care for the purpose of this thread. The only point that was being made is it is not always clear who might be indirectly influencing how some management philosophies are developed and decisions made.

....I do not know how this would play out and I really don't care for the purpose of this thread. The only point that was being made is it is not always clear who might be indirectly influencing how some management philosophies are developed and decisions made.
    But you claimed to have information about the "major investor", though you failed to share it.

But that's enough for me. I can tell you want the last word, so it's all yours.

- OS

But you claimed to have information about the "major investor", though you failed to share it.

But that's enough for me. I can tell you want the last word, so it's all yours.

- OS
    I did not claim to have information or I would have cited such - I am holding back nothing. An "understanding" (having heard something, being told), is not a "claim".

First word or last word, means nothing. This all seems much to do about nothing - why it is so important to you, I do not know. I'll leave it at that.