• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a good lawyer knowledgable on SB308

Tolderian

Columbus, GA

So I went to Carmike 15 Theater and I open carry a Springfield .45 XD. I believe an off-duty officer (the ones that are being paid to watch the premises, though his card says Marshal)

Officer: C'mere

*I walk over*

Officer: Is that thing loaded?

Me: I don't keep one in the chamber. No.

Officer: Let me see your license, I want to talk to you outside and I want to see your hands in view at all times

*Follow him outside*

Officer: Do you see right here where it says "Public Gatherings"? This is a Public Gathering, you can't have that here. I want you to take it off and put that thing away.

Me: Senate Bill 308 got rid o-- (he cuts me off)

Officer: I know the law, I want you to put that away

Me: It was a Jim Crow law that-- (he cuts me off)

Officer: I don't care, I know about 308, put that away

Me: Can I get the person who --

Officer: No

Me: ...Drove me here to give me the key so I can put it away?

Officer: Yes

*After getting the individual, I turn to him with my phone on notepad and ask for his name and badge number*

Officer: I'll be glad to give you all that information after you've done what I asked.

*I disarm myself, leaving me vulnerable to the little thugs that infect the place. The manager is wondering what's all the fuss as I walk off to comply. Thing is, I've been there MANY times before, been around various managers, never had a problem. It's not like they CAN'T see the thing on my hip. I return later, the officer gives me his business card.*

Officer: This is the manager, he says he doesn't allow weapons on the premises.

Me: Well, I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, but I didn't see a sign posted. Had there been one, I would have complied (actually, I wouldn't give them my business, not that it'd hurt their sales).

Officer: He doesn't need a sign up, as a matter of fact, I could have charged you and you could have lost your license

Me: So... I could be charged and lose my license for something I didn't know about?

Officer: Doesn't matter, you should have known.

Basically, I made nice, shook hands, apologized, made pleasantries, it wouldn't have really mattered to discuss it further at this point. The officer advised I get a lawyer, and I think I shall, that is if there ARE any with the balls and brains to help me out with making it clear that I did nothing wrong.

Sure, things are a little out of order, I'm not as studious as some who jot it all down right away, didn't want my mates to be late for SuckerPunch (good movie, I think). The crappiest part? The cop is "supposed to be there so I'm safe" and the guy wasn't even THERE when we left. The damn parking lot was full of creepers (not the minecraft kind) and some of 'em scattered once I put my piece back on. Like a "let's go screw with someone else" kind of thing.

Problem here kids, is that an LEO can cause a big scene at every place of business and, essentially, frighten all the ignorant owners and managers into adopting a no-weapons policy just to keep things calm. In essence, turning the businesses, the cities, and eventually the state, into a no-carry state without even changing the law.

So... does anyone have something that can help me fight this plague before it gets out of hand?

I thought about contacting Georgia Carry.org or something but... to me, all this "fighting for open carry rights" is all hot air until someone does something. I plan to fight it, does anyone have the tools to help me?

The part in bold is what's struck through as obsolete on the legislation's page.

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2009_10/fulltext/sb308.htm

SECTION 1-3.
Said title is further is amended by revising Code Section 16-11-127, relating to the offense of carrying a deadly weapon to or at public gatherings and affirmative defenses, as follows:
"16-11-127.

(a) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor when he or she carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound, firearm, or knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense.
(b) For the purpose of this Code section, 'public gathering' shall include, but shall not be limited to, athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies or functions, publicly owned or operated buildings, or establishments at which alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises and which derive less than 50 percent of their total annual gross food and beverage sales from the sale of prepared meals or food. Nothing in this Code section shall otherwise prohibit the carrying of a firearm in any other public place by a person licensed or permitted to carry such firearm by this part.
(c)(1) This Code section shall not apply to competitors participating in organized sport shooting events.
(2) Law enforcement officers, peace officers retired from state, local, or federal law enforcement agencies, judges, magistrates, constables, solicitors-general, and district attorneys may carry pistols in publicly owned or operated buildings; provided, however, that a courthouse security plan adopted in accordance with paragraph (10) of subsection (a) of Code Section 15-16-10 may prohibit the carrying of a pistol.
(d) It shall be an affirmative defense to a violation of this Code section if a person notifies a law enforcement officer or other person employed to provide security for a public gathering of the presence of such item as soon as possible after learning of its presence and surrenders or secures such item as directed by such law enforcement officer or other person employed to provide security for such public gathering.
(e) A person licensed or permitted to carry a firearm by this part shall be permitted to carry such firearm, subject to the limitations of this part, in all parks, historic sites, and recreational areas, including all publicly owned buildings located in such parks, historic sites, and recreational areas and in wildlife management areas, notwithstanding Code Section 12-3-10, in wildlife management areas notwithstanding Code Section 27-3-1.1 and 27-3-6, and in public transportation notwithstanding Code Sections 16-12-122 through 16-12-127; provided, however, that a person shall not carry a firearm into a place prohibited by federal law.
(f) A person licensed or permitted to carry a firearm by this part shall not consume alcoholic beverages in a restaurant or other eating establishment while carrying a firearm. Any person violating this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:
(1) 'Bar' means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets.
(2) 'Courthouse' means a building occupied by judicial courts and containing rooms in which judicial proceedings are held.
(3) 'Government building' means:
(A) The building in which a government entity is housed;
(B) The building where a government entity meets in its official capacity; provided, however, that if such building is not a publicly owned building, such building shall be considered a government building for the purposes of this Code section only during the time such government entity is meeting at such building; or
(C) The portion of any building that is not a publicly owned building that is occupied by a government entity.
(4) 'Government entity' means an office, agency, authority, department, commission, board, body, division, instrumentality, or institution of the state or any county, municipal corporation, consolidated government, or local board of education within this state.
(5) 'Parking facility' means real property owned or leased by a government entity, courthouse, jail, prison, place of worship, or bar that has been designated by such government entity, courthouse, jail, prison, place of worship, or bar for the parking of motor vehicles at a government building or at such courthouse, jail, prison, place of worship, or bar.
(b) A person shall be guilty of carrying a weapon or long gun in an unauthorized location and punished as for a misdemeanor when he or she carries a weapon or long gun while:
(1) In a government building;
(2) In a courthouse;
(3) In a jail or prison;
(4) In a place of worship;
(5) In a state mental health facility as defined in Code Section 37-1-1 which admits individuals on an involuntary basis for treatment of mental illness, developmental disability, or addictive disease; provided, however, that carrying a weapon or long gun in such location in a manner in compliance with paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of this Code section shall not constitute a violation of this subsection;
(6) In a bar, unless the owner of the bar permits the carrying of weapons or long guns by license holders;
(7) On the premises of a nuclear power facility, except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.2, and the punishment provisions of Code Section 16-11-127.2 shall supersede the punishment provisions of this Code section; or
(8) Within 150 feet of any polling place, except as provided in subsection (i) of Code Section 21-2-413.
(c) Except as provided in Code Section 16-11-127.1, a license holder or person recognized under subsection (e) of Code Section 16-11-126 shall be authorized to carry a weapon as provided in Code Section 16-11-135 and in every location in this state not listed in subsection (b) of this Code section; provided, however, that private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, rental agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property shall have the right to forbid possession of a weapon or long gun on their property, except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135. A violation of subsection (b) of this Code section shall not create or give rise to a civil action for damages.
(d) Subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply:
(1) To the use of weapons or long guns as exhibits in a legal proceeding, provided such weapons or long guns are secured and handled as directed by the personnel providing courtroom security or the judge hearing the case;
(2) To a license holder who approaches security or management personnel upon arrival at a location described in subsection (b) of this Code section and notifies such security or management personnel of the presence of the weapon or long gun and explicitly follows the security or management personnel's direction for removing, securing, storing, or temporarily surrendering such weapon or long gun; and
(3) To a weapon or long gun possessed by a license holder which is under the possessor's control in a motor vehicle or is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle and such vehicle is parked in a parking facility."

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Gee, yet Another case of a law enforcement officer seeing what is clearly a crime, but choosing to ignore it because he's having such a super nice day and he's such a great guy just giving an obvious criminal a break. <- and yes, I Hope everyone sees the sarcasm there!

You could not have been charged with anything related to carrying at a public gathering because as you know, that racist law is gone forever.
You Possibly could have been charged with trespass, but Only if you refused to leave by someone authorized to tell you so.
[b[OCGA 16-7-21 (b), (3)[/b]
(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:
(3) Remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant to depart.

If you wish a Good lawyer, one who has experiences in exactly this sort of thing, I can recommend
Doug King
404 790-7345 (office)
He's also DKing on Georgia Packing.Org

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

Not that it solves a lot, but for safety reasons, why not return to the car and convert to CC for the sake of protection?

Also, maybe it's a good idea to print out that law and give it to any LEOs. Was your recorder running? (it looks like it was)

Tolderian

Not that it solves a lot, but for safety reasons, why not return to the car and convert to CC for the sake of protection?

Also, maybe it's a good idea to print out that law and give it to any LEOs. Was your recorder running? (it looks like it was)

I bought a recorder, but wouldn't you know it, after so little trouble and so much going on, it was the day I forget it. This was my first real problem with an LEO and it was burned into my memory. The problem is, if I was caught CC, then I'd be in real trouble. I will only skirt the laws when it's an emergency (if they banned all weapons) but otherwise I just don't revisit with my business. Even if that means ordering everything online and paying more for services. The law is the law and what makes us, as a community, unique... is that we are rather self-policing and more informed than LEO hah. Integrity my friends, integrity. But I know what you mean.

That happened to me with Uncle Bob's Storage, which, if you don't carry, I highly recommend as they are all so nice and their HQ is in New York which explains why their corporate policy is No Weapons Allowed. Super nice folks though. But I told their District Manager that I'd rather pay more somewhere else and maintain my rights than go unprotected. If the lowest price was all that mattered, and not my freedom... I'd have moved to China.

But thanks Badger Johson, my mistake was definitely forgetting to record the incident.

Also, thanks Fallschirmjäger. I will give him a call right away.

aadvark

Tolderian:

Go Staright to The Columbus Police Deparment and Complain!

Georgia Law 16-11-127, Relating to Public Gatherings, has been Repealed!

Movie Theaters are NOT Unauthorized Locations!

aadvark

*** Movie Theaters ARE Private Property, though! ***

Tolderian

Called Doug about 3 or 4 times. Left messages over the course of a few days, still haven't heard back. I also contacted the Executive Director of Georgia Carry. He said he'd get back to me but I've heard nothing new. I sent him a follow up email.

I told the Marshall about it. He was very kind and receptive and said he would follow up on Carry laws and I intend to call him soon.

I offered to work with forums like this in getting an informative packet and maybe having some volunteers doing an educational workshop for enforcers of different branches. Hopefully I didn't make an ass of myself in claiming how supportive these groups are and they leave me hanging lol.

Nothing against you guys, just generally speaking. I'd like people who accept dues and donations to do more than host a website, have luncheons, and make stickers, ya know?

Last edited:

Rebsoldier21

I live near columbus and frequent that area all the time. Dont go to the movies much anymore though. Dont care for the outrageous prices that they charge just to see a movie and knowing that they will be releasing out on video not long afterwards anyways. I am new to OC and have been slowly getting out and exercising that right. We need to get up some sort of OC rally in Columbus as well to spread awareness about this right.

Tolderian

I live near columbus and frequent that area all the time. Dont go to the movies much anymore though. Dont care for the outrageous prices that they charge just to see a movie and knowing that they will be releasing out on video not long afterwards anyways. I am new to OC and have been slowly getting out and exercising that right. We need to get up some sort of OC rally in Columbus as well to spread awareness about this right.

As far as movies go, yeah... but it's Columbus. Not a lot to do for people like my circle (we're not into the club/bar scene so that's over 50% of the activities right there lol). An OC Rally in Columbus would be awesome, I tried loooong ago to get people to meet me at this Mexican restaurant where I know we're welcome... but only one or two people responded and never really replied back... then again, that was years ago, maybe they added a lot after I stopped checking haha. In any case... my only experience when it comes to OC is to dress appropriately and maintain a well groomed appearance. That usually keeps people off your back... usually. Besides, open carrying a firearm comes with a certain level of responsibility anyway, so I don't particularly mind. But I've told my friends that I'm not going to carry with them if they look like a bunch of thugs and hooligans. That's just asking for trouble. Besides, people are so superficial. If you have a run-in with a LEO, then it looks better for you if you're all clean chaps. Otherwise people will just assumed "they're trouble makers, they don't need guns".

Outside of that... it's been pretty smooth sailing. Only had two bad run-ins with ignorant, cowardly hippies, and one bad run-in with a Deputy Marshall.

Always bring a recording device! Nice little USB recording stick that fits in a pocket can work wonders when the LEO that gave you crap suddenly "doesn't remember saying that".

Rebsoldier21

I hear ya on the bar scenes and such. I dont care for it either, and I actually dont drink so I never have a problem with that part of the law. Which mexican restaurant do you normally go to? Would be nice to meet some more like minded individuals nearby.

Tolderian

El Carrizo on Macon Rd. across from where Movie Gallery used to be. There are dueling gas stations, a walgreen's, and Edgewood Baptist all on that intersection of Macon Rd. and University Ave.

Know the place?

Rebsoldier21

Yes I do! I havent ate at THAT particular el carizo, but I know exactly where it is at. Will definitely have to go by there sometime.

Last edited:

Tolderian

It's my favorite. I'm sure to piss people off when I say... best sweet tea... anywhere I've been. The End. Oh... and the Cheesecake Burrito rocks as well.

But hey! back to the point! Useful gun law lawyer! Where are they and will they charge me an arm and a testicle?

Rebsoldier21

Maybe I misread it, but were you charged with anything to need a lawyer? DKing is who I would call if it was gun related, which I know you already called him. Has he not replied back to you?

Tolderian

I wish I was charged. I could retire early haha. I called King and Jeff Henry to start the Carry front in Columbus but they're too busy apparently. I hate that no one really wants to work with me on this so far. So many fronts of injustice to combat, so little time and resources lol.

If anyone knows them personally, put in a good word for me? Lol

Also just learned Waffle House is fascist too. Had to stow my piece for a waffle last night. Yeesh, it's like the government saying: "we can't take your guns but we can tax your ammo out of existence". No point in having a license if everywhere you go doesn't let you carry.

Who's down for Carrizo?!

Brimstone Baritone

Also just learned Waffle House is fascist too. Had to stow my piece for a waffle last night. Yeesh, it's like the government saying: "we can't take your guns but we can tax your ammo out of existence". No point in having a license if everywhere you go doesn't let you carry.

Who's down for Carrizo?!

I've never had a problem at any Waffle House, including one that's posted "No Weapons". If I ever did, I would never go to that one again.

Tolderian

I just wouldn't take my chances if I were you comrade. I'd imagine that if you were eating at a WH with a weapon on your hip, you'd have a rough time with any LEO that'd notice it.

I never had problems BEFORE, until that night. I never knew they had that policy. So, naturally, when he said that, I had to double check and make sure it was legit corporate policy, which it was. At which point, I really just don't go to any of them.

Being an OC-er, I'm not really welcome anywhere. Might as well burn a flag or some crap because weapons law doesn't mean squat when it's some corporate fruit cake in California that's scared of guns and doesn't want it in any of his/her stores across America.

I respect someone's individual right to ask people not to carry in their individual stores, but for a corporation to impose nationwide is completely circumventing the reasons why we have senators, governors, and voting all together.

Law makers don't make anything... private corporations seem to call the shots.

Except Starbucks... I used to hate them until they decided not to get involved in the gun law thing and made state law the overriding factor. Everyone else though, they can suck it.

And don't ask me to conceal carry, it defeats the purpose. People won't learn more about gun law if I hide it. And no, it doesn't make me more of a target anyway. That's silly logic.

That wasn't directed at you Mcdonalk, I just went off on a rant mid way through writing this haha.

I started thinking of examples and then remembered how disappointed I've become with GCO and different law enforcement officials that avoid me.

I'm disappointed in the overall movement... I, for one, intend to use my business to spread the word.

I will eventually be opening a steak place and I'd like to see if we can pull together an informative work shop about weapons carry law and invite law enforcement to take it. Upon completion of the course and after having taken a test and receiving their certificate of completion, they can turn that in at our restaurant and get a free burger. A little incentive... ya know? As they'd otherwise not give two steamy dumps about it. Problem is... I can't run the business and the course at the same time. So I have to seek out someone who has a little more time to sacrifice for the cause than discussions on the threads or being already amongst their own kind at a gun show. So if anyone is, perhaps, interested in this little endeavor, lemme know and I'll touch base down the road about it.

It's not the people already interested in guns that need to be educated, it's the ones that fear the unknown we need to educate.

I mean... yes... people who intend to own one SHOULD know. It's more than a right, it is ALSO a privilege. But we can never sway the illogical fear of the weapons if we capitulate to the cowardly whims of the masses and cover our guns out of fear of ridicule, confrontation, or shame.

JS415

I started thinking of examples and then remembered how disappointed I've become with GCO and different law enforcement officials that avoid me.

Exactly what were you expecting GCO to do in regards to your encounter?

You were on private property, had an encounter with an ill-informed officer, and you had a decision to make.

If it had not been for GCO working so hard to get SB308 passed, you might very well have been charged with the now defunct "public gathering" law.

GCO has never represented itself as a legal defense fund for its members.

We are a Grass Roots, Second Amendment Organization that works to fight for the rights of all gun owners/carriers.

One of the lawyers you mentioned is on the Board of GCO, but he does not work at the beck and call of our members.

GCO has, in the past, addressed issues with specific counties that would have an impact on citizens of the State of Georgia. I have never known GCO to address issues with a private business.

I really would be interested to know how GCO has disappointed you in the last couple of years.

Jerry

Last edited:

Tolderian

Oh God... the forum war begins. Ok... I doubt this will be read thoroughly... skimming the article won't make the point clear so don't bother reading it if that's all you're gonna do.

Funny... I don't remember saying anything that would inspire the following:
"GCO has never represented itself as a legal defense fund for its members"

I just asked in general for a lawyer at the beginning of the thread. Like most threads, it's since changed direction. A lawyer that I would have paid, for legal council, but wanted to tap the community for someone knowledgeable about these laws specifically.

"GCO has never represented itself as a legal defense fund for its members"

When you have someone skilled in a certain field who claims a belief in a certain movement, I simply figured someone would have advice to offer, even though I was willing to get rates. But never asked for someone to dip into any fund. Although I understand money or clout is often what it's all about.

"We are a Grass Roots, Second Amendment Organization that works to fight for the rights of all gun owners/carriers."

Cool... me too. Maybe, since I have a service to offer, we could cooperate on the endeavor. Surely in your hierarchy, someone could be tasked with communicating with me when you have more important things to tend to.

"One of the lawyers you mentioned is on the Board of GCO, but he does not work at the beck and call of our members."

Yeah... who is? Not knowing his personal situation, however, it strikes me as bad business when you have a legitimate inquiry that you never call back about. It's not beck-and-call if you've patiently waited for weeks. But, in light of this little rant, I'm sure services will be refused if not unaffordable now. Can't make the president of the group upset and not expect the consequences. But hey, I open carry, consequences are what movements are all about.

"GCO has, in the past, addressed issues with specific counties that would have an impact on citizens of the State of Georgia. I have never known GCO to address issues with a private business."

Interesting piece of information... what does that have to do with my questions and concerns regarding establishing a program to educate the 3rd largest city in Georgia's enforcement branches? I mean... if I was talking about Butler, sure... and if I had no services to offer and nothing to sacrifice, I'd ask nothing of others to do the same. But such is not the case. I simply stated the situation, asked if someone with a little "law pull" could work with me on this little deal, that'd be pretty sweet. How did you get that out of my statement?

"I really would be interested to know how GCO has disappointed you in the last couple of years."

Thing about politics, the dangerous thing, is when we start inserting little words that can alter the meaning of the paragraph all together. See, I was a member of GCO, but then failed to see what my membership was good for. I never said anything about being disappointed in the last couple of years, but if you're interested in knowing, perhaps you should read my post more thoroughly. Let me pull out an excerpt for you.

"I started thinking of examples and then remembered how disappointed I've become with GCO and different law enforcement officials that avoid me. " -- Me

No... no... nothing about a couple of years in there.

Granted, everyone has a lot on their plates these days. My father is going blind, my mother has cancer, opening a business, work, school, and having to fight for the rights of the uninformed... not to mention, plenty broke and not a huge network of people to rely on... I'm sure everyone else is in a way worse situation than me and that's why no one had time to get back with me after weeks of repeated inquiry.

The Marshall is an amazing person... despite all that he has going on, he took the time to give me a call and talk with me about it. And has offered a TREMENDOUS opportunity for anyone who really believes in pushing for the rights of the individual. He has offered to setup a meeting with his trainers to discuss the matter in detail.

Now, if you can't already tell... I'm not very subtle. I was raised by a Marine who just tells it like it is and I picked up on that trait. Yeap, I'm a barbarian. I lowly thug compared to the more prim and proper people out there. Yes, yes... excuses.

It is out of what little humility I have, that I say... I'm sorry if I offended you. Obviously I was rather impatient. But to some extent, I still feel a little justified in my frustration, and hey... thanks for the understanding. But I'm guilty of that too, so I guess that puts us on a level playing field.

Now... this guy. Me... this ignorant, arrogant, inconsiderate guy... has the opportunity to speak with the trainers of our Marshalls. What I'm asking, is that someone with a higher IQ, who is better at hiding what they mean to say, and fair better in the political arena, to go along... so I don't screw it up. But it was this barbarian... that somehow managed to get the meeting. And this barbarian, that somehow managed to put a lot on the line to see this movement pushed forward. Without anyone's help. Just me, google, and GA Legislature's website. So yeah... I guess a little help.

I am reaching out to these communities for help. I admit I'm gruff and not always easy to talk to, until you really get to know me. But I want to see us win. I want to put all the problems and differences aside and see us win and I think that this is a good start on a small scale.

I'm glad you changed the law, but who reads it? A handful of the informed can do nothing if they do not seek after the enlightenment of their fellow man... especially, at times, at their own expense.

I'm not trying to better than anyone, I'm not trying to be smarter than anyone, I admit that I'm kind of a jerk and can't think of a good way to change that without feeling like a sell-out, the list goes on. But if you've got time to read the forums, and not call or email me, then I hope this gets my message across to you clearly.

If you wish to refuse to work with me then we all might as well throw in the towel as a house divided cannot stand.

I'm not good at speaking between the lines but I can read between 'em pretty well... then again... I might have horribly misunderstood your comment. For that, I apologize in advance and don't mind having to be the bad guy. But we have a real good chance at something here. Start with the Marshall, who has other Marshall friends. Maybe a Sheriff or Chief of Police friend? Then we can clearly communicate our point without automatically putting the officials on the defensive for no other reason than we're "just another crackpot grass roots movement".

I support you ideals 100%. Much like I support our country's founding ideas, however ill-kept they've been. So please, take it to heart, don't take it personally, and just tell me if we can meet up and talk this out... or just call me a mad man and go about your business and we can stop wasting each other's time.

Whoo... that was a long one. Sorry about that. I'm long winded.

P.S. Reminder: Don't let me screw up the meeting if you can help it (without outright sabotaging it lol). The End.

Yay America!

JS415

WOW is correct!!!!

I have no idea what you mean by a "Forum war". I do not represent any forum nor do I represent GCO, except that I am just a regular member, who questioned why you were disappointed in GCO. If you are referring to the GeorgiaPacking Forum, it is not part of GCO.

For the record. I read your entire post.

I took it from your original post that you were looking for a lawyer from GCO to help with your encounter. I obviously took that wrong, but that is how I read it.

"I started thinking of examples and then remembered how disappointed I've become with GCO and different law enforcement officials that avoid me. "

This is the only statement that I questioned.

I read this statement as::::

"I started thinking of examples and then remembered how disappointed I've become with GCO.......

AND

how disappointed I have become with law enforcement officials that avoid me"

Obviously I read the statement different than you meant it to be read. I did not read it as GCO was avoiding you.

In my mind, I can not imagine anything that GCO has done that could disappoint anybody interested in 2A rights in Georgia

As to all the rest of your post, well, it really has nothing to do with my question, and is none of my business, so I will let that part rest.

Good luck with your pursuits and helping us move forward with our rights.

Also for the record, I did not take it personally. Just trying to figure out why you were disappointed with GCO. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jerry

Tolderian

Alright... with that in mind... can we work together? Again, I admit I'm rough around the edges and I have a tendency to offend and I really don't like that it goes that way but it's hard to get by as most people take it personally and call it a day. Besides, forums and chat rooms are AWFUL places for conversations such as these.

I really want to help and this is a huge passion of mine. And I think the Marshall's meeting with the people that train future enforcers is a big deal.

Is there anyone more delicate and more knowledgeable than I who, could accompany me and better handle the matter? Do you know anyone? Or know someone who knows someone? I know it sounds cliche but... help me... help you. Allow me to meet with you or someone who can assist with this endeavor and coordinating an effort to erode their archaic thought processes.