• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a good lawyer knowledgable on SB308

JS415

If I understand correctly, after your encounter, you were able to get in touch with the Marshall in Columbus and described the details of what happened.

You and I both know the officer was dead wrong. Are you saying that the Marshall has agreed to sit down and talk with you about the correct way he should have handled the situation?

If he is, then you might be able to handle it yourself, by taking the relevant info with you, which I could help point you toward, showing that the officer was wrong.

I think you are saying that you realize it might be better "perceived" by the Marshall if it comes from somebody that is a little more of a "smooth talker"????

I would contact the Executive Director of GCO at this e-mail address:

jhenry@georgiacarry.org

Explain what happened, and that you have an appointment with the Marshall, and that you need advice and/or a partner to go with you.

He may very well like to go himself, or he might have a better suggestion.

I can send you some info that I used in a discussion with a DNR official when I was confronted.

It's getting late, and I will get back with you tomorrow.

Good luck to you Sir,

Jerry

Tolderian

Accursed forums! For some reason, the way you came across to me, I thought you worked for (or was executive director of) GCO hah. So now I'm extra sorry about the whole thing. Because I have dropped him several e-mails and many phone calls and never heard back. So I let out my aggression on you for no reason.

I thought you were him for some reason.

He said he'd get back with me with important info that weekend, and then again the following weekend, and then I stopped hearing from him all together.

I assumed it was because of the convention that was held in Atlanta for awhile but then I just gave up hope on the whole thing and thought I'd face the music alone.

I only left Mr. King several voicemails but never got in touch with him at all.

You're right though... a smooth talker with a little more "certification" would help the situation along.

The problem here is that the Marshall admits he's not up to speed on the new laws and his trainers act, basically, as advisers. His advisers claim to be well versed with SB308 and claim that public gathering remnants are still in effect and that the Movie Theater was one of them.

I told him that is not correct and that's when he offered to meet. At which point, I was excited, but concerned at the same time. If I'm missing just one little piece of info, it could totally obliterate my argument.

Anywho... sorry again for the additional misunderstanding. Outside of that... I'm at a loss. And most unfortunately, I have to go to training for 5 weeks come May 2nd so I'll be out of touch and can't do much of anything.

But... what the hell... I'll send him one more for old-time's sake.

Thanks man. Let's win this thing.

ET.

I wish I was charged. I could retire early haha...

This is the one statement that I would question. But first let me preface this with saying that you were wronged by an inept LEO who has absolutely no knowledge of the laws that he is sworn to uphold. BUT if you had been arrested then it would have been your word against his on this one aspect: The management asked you to leave and you did not comply. Of course we both know that it did not happen, but I am never surprised when someone as unknowledgeable as this individual knows how to cover his faux pas since he has so much practice at it. He has been hired by the manager, probably because they know each other & I wouldn't doubt that they would change their story ever so slightly as to make it look like you were the one who didn't know the law. All they have to do is make it look like you were asked to leave by the security guard and you refused to leave even though the manager, when asked in your presence, concurred.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am... you're screwed!!!!:cuss:

Last edited:

Tolderian

This is the one statement that I would question. But first let me preface this with saying that you were wronged by an inept LEO who has absolutely no knowledge of the laws that he is sworn to uphold. BUT if you had been arrested then it would have been your word against his on this one aspect: The management asked you to leave and you did not comply. Of course we both know that it did not happen, but I am never surprised when someone as unknowledgeable as this individual knows how to cover his faux pas since he has so much practice at it. He has been hired by the manager, probably because they know each other & I wouldn't doubt that they would change their story ever so slightly as to make it look like you were the one who didn't know the law. All they have to do is make it look like you were asked to leave by the security guard and you refused to leave even though the manager, when asked in your presence, concurred.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am... you're screwed!!!!:cuss:

Fo realz. Good point.