Thread: Off topic gun help question

Off topic gun help question

Sorry this has nothing really to do with OC or law issues, but there's nowhere else specific on the board with so many people active to ask.

I have a question about beretta m1934's. I know the 1934 is .380, and there's also a mostly-idectical 1935 version in .32 acp.
    I want to know if a .32acp model can be converted to a .380. It looks like all the parts are the same except for the barrel and mag from what I could find. Let me know if anyone's familiar with this.
    (I've been looking for the 1934, and someone offered to sell me one of the .32 versions, so I'm curious if I could convert it)
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 03-26-2011 at 01:57 AM.

You will need to ask a qualified gunsmith.

What Stogie said.

The frame would have to be machined to take the larger barrel (if you can find a .380 barrel for that model), at a minimum, and the barrel custom fit. I doubt the cost would be worth it, and machining that much material from a firearm of that age...I wouldn't do it if I were a gunsmith.

Don't know where you are, but there is a 'smith here in Jax that is a manufacturer and has experience with that particular model (did some work on the .22 version for a friend of mine). Be happy to pass along his info to you, if you like.

If it were me, I'd keep the .32 as is, and spend the money on a modern .380 and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    if it were me, i'd keep the .32 as is, and spend the money on a modern .380 and ammo.
    qft

Short answer: No.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.