Thread: Open carry on a bicycle

Open carry on a bicycle

Hi guys first post here, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I've read the laws on open carry and i don't see anything about bicycles. I would assume that if you can unloaded open carry in your car or on a motorcycle you are good to go on a bicycle...or even a skateboard....am i correct? The reason i ask is a couple of years ago, my buddy and I were riding our expensive mountain bikes on a bike path in a flood control channel when some scumbag gangbanger pulled a knife out on us demanding that we give up our bikes. We managed to get away from him luckly, and call the cops on my cell phone, but i was placed on hold for at least 10-15 minutes, and when they finally answered they had to transfer me over to the local pd which took forever...complete BS.... If i was open carrying legally of course, i would have been able to protect myself and my friend. Since this incident happend I haven't been back that way which is a shame because i really enjoyed using that bike path. The next time i go back there It would be nice to know that I have the option of unloaded open carrying. Please let me know guys...thanks!

sure

just make sure you are 1000feet from school zones and dont be loaded

Above post is correct.

Machetes and sjamboks also work well.

Quote Originally Posted by pullnshoot25 View Post
    Above post is correct.

Machetes and sjamboks also work well.
    You forgot to mention one of your favorites. The Tomahawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoligny View Post
    You forgot to mention one of your favorites. The Tomahawk.
    You know me all too well!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tomahawks are easier since they fall outside of the many 12020 restrictions.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Pistols.....machetes....tomahawks........are ok.......wow who knew! Thanks for the assurance guys,............scumbag gangbangers!!!!! I just remembered....he pulled the knife on me when I was between 2 schools! So I guess I would have been out of luck even if I had a pistol....

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Were you on the Santa Ana River trail ? That place has become like Juarez, Mexico, haha. Seriously, its dangerous and I wouldnt ride on it past dark.
    I am/was an avid cyclist and I have heard so many stories about people being robbed on that trail is terrible.
    I thought once about carrying concealed but it would be hard when you are wearing skin tight spandex racing kit.
    Yeah you got it, right between the 605 and cerritos ave. Its funny you said that you wouldn't ride past dark.....it happend during the day time!!!! I still remember what he said to me as he pulled out that knife..."AAAE....you remebah me holmes"!!! Its just too bad that we just can't feel safe riding in our own backyard....