• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry on a bicycle

pksbshp

Hi guys first post here, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I've read the laws on open carry and i don't see anything about bicycles. I would assume that if you can unloaded open carry in your car or on a motorcycle you are good to go on a bicycle...or even a skateboard....am i correct? The reason i ask is a couple of years ago, my buddy and I were riding our expensive mountain bikes on a bike path in a flood control channel when some scumbag gangbanger pulled a knife out on us demanding that we give up our bikes. We managed to get away from him luckly, and call the cops on my cell phone, but i was placed on hold for at least 10-15 minutes, and when they finally answered they had to transfer me over to the local pd which took forever...complete BS.... If i was open carrying legally of course, i would have been able to protect myself and my friend. Since this incident happend I haven't been back that way which is a shame because i really enjoyed using that bike path. The next time i go back there It would be nice to know that I have the option of unloaded open carrying. Please let me know guys...thanks!

pksbshp

Pistols.....machetes....tomahawks........are ok.......wow who knew! Thanks for the assurance guys,............scumbag gangbangers!!!!! I just remembered....he pulled the knife on me when I was between 2 schools! So I guess I would have been out of luck even if I had a pistol....:banghead:

Ca Patriot

Hi guys first post here, sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I've read the laws on open carry and i don't see anything about bicycles. I would assume that if you can unloaded open carry in your car or on a motorcycle you are good to go on a bicycle...or even a skateboard....am i correct? The reason i ask is a couple of years ago, my buddy and I were riding our expensive mountain bikes on a bike path in a flood control channel when some scumbag gangbanger pulled a knife out on us demanding that we give up our bikes. We managed to get away from him luckly, and call the cops on my cell phone, but i was placed on hold for at least 10-15 minutes, and when they finally answered they had to transfer me over to the local pd which took forever...complete BS.... If i was open carrying legally of course, i would have been able to protect myself and my friend. Since this incident happend I haven't been back that way which is a shame because i really enjoyed using that bike path. The next time i go back there It would be nice to know that I have the option of unloaded open carrying. Please let me know guys...thanks!

Were you on the Santa Ana River trail ? That place has become like Juarez, Mexico, haha. Seriously, its dangerous and I wouldnt ride on it past dark.
I am/was an avid cyclist and I have heard so many stories about people being robbed on that trail is terrible.
I thought once about carrying concealed but it would be hard when you are wearing skin tight spandex racing kit.

pksbshp

Were you on the Santa Ana River trail ? That place has become like Juarez, Mexico, haha. Seriously, its dangerous and I wouldnt ride on it past dark.
I am/was an avid cyclist and I have heard so many stories about people being robbed on that trail is terrible.
I thought once about carrying concealed but it would be hard when you are wearing skin tight spandex racing kit.

Yeah you got it, right between the 605 and cerritos ave. Its funny you said that you wouldn't ride past dark.....it happend during the day time!!!! I still remember what he said to me as he pulled out that knife..."AAAE....you remebah me holmes"!!!:eek: Its just too bad that we just can't feel safe riding in our own backyard....