• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gloucester Daffodil Festival

MSC 45ACP

I saw a UNICORN!

I was in the "Food Court" parking lot in "old town Gloucester" after the parade today with my kids and saw a young UNICORN! I asked him if he knew any other OCers and he said he didn't. I fished out about a half-dozen of ED'S Cards from my card holder and gave them to him and encouraged him to continue 'going forth to do good things'.

I told him about OCDO and VCDL. I wanted to stick around and talk to him a while but my kids were chomping at the bit to go find a friend of theirs that had a tent and was showing/selling his wares. He was the only other OCer I saw there today, but we weren't there very long. The kids had marched in the parade and were cold and sore. # 3 was sore not from marching, but from the school dance last night. Oh, to be young again...

Didn't get any strange looks. Spoke to Navy EOD guys and Marines with their toys. They had some nice rifles and machine guns. Almost made me miss working on them, especially the MK-19.

MSC 45ACP

Shoot & score

The "Unicorn" contacted me via PM. he has joined OCDO and is looking forward to a dinner sometime. He's north of me across the bridge. Perhaps Pagan can provide some 'adult guidance' about Ocing and talk to him about things.

Mr. Unicorn, how about making yourself known and introducing yourself?

Regards;
Mike

MSC 45ACP

Sounds good to me. I've never been there and don't know the place. Pagan says the chow is good. I've been interested in going there for a long time now. Next week is Spring Break and I'll be in NC until the 9th. Anytime after that would be good for me.

Great idea, Jim! Can you or Pagan do the planning and stuff?