Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Autolite Spark Plugs

  1. #1
    Regular Member usamarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252

    Autolite Spark Plugs

    So I did a tune up on my Suburban a few weeks ago. Purchased 8 new Autolite spark plugs like I have been for the past 10 yrs and was pleased to find out that there was a rebate offer. I was like thats cool even if it was only like $20.

    So I make a copy of the purchase receipt and mail in the original receipt with the required info. I get a post card today saying I didn't mail in the receipt....haha....yea right a-holes.

    Kind of makes you think why a billion dollar company wants to lose a long time customer over $20...its stuff like this I just can't put my head around. No wonder this country is going to hell. We'll probably end up bailing them out...haha

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    So I did a tune up on my Suburban a few weeks ago. Purchased 8 new Autolite spark plugs like I have been for the past 10 yrs and was pleased to find out that there was a rebate offer. I was like thats cool even if it was only like $20.

    So I make a copy of the purchase receipt and mail in the original receipt with the required info. I get a post card today saying I didn't mail in the receipt....haha....yea right a-holes.

    Kind of makes you think why a billion dollar company wants to lose a long time customer over $20...its stuff like this I just can't put my head around. No wonder this country is going to hell. We'll probably end up bailing them out...haha
    I strongly doubt it was deliberate. I bet that, if you call them up, they'll make good. They'd rather you kept buying their product--even if you were being dishonest.

    Where I work, we will generally take the customer's word if they can't back up their claim with documentation. Yeah, we're gonna get beat out of a few bucks by the unscrupulous few, but the honest majority will appreciate the trust we show with their repeat business.

  3. #3
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    So I did a tune up on my Suburban a few weeks ago. Purchased 8 new Autolite spark plugs like I have been for the past 10 yrs and was pleased to find out that there was a rebate offer. I was like thats cool even if it was only like $20.

    So I make a copy of the purchase receipt and mail in the original receipt with the required info. I get a post card today saying I didn't mail in the receipt....haha....yea right a-holes.

    Kind of makes you think why a billion dollar company wants to lose a long time customer over $20...its stuff like this I just can't put my head around. No wonder this country is going to hell. We'll probably end up bailing them out...haha
    The rebate had nothing to do with Autolite. Rebates are normally run by a promotion company in between parts suppliers and warehouses..

  4. #4
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    well,,,

    whats all this talk about buying spark plugs????
    if they aint broke,, why would you buy new ones?
    if my spark plug looks like ****, i clean it, if it still looks like ****, i buy an engine!
    i put platinum plugs in my motto guzzi 30 years ago, i clean them every year,
    they aint broke, nuff said?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  5. #5
    Regular Member usamarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Yea, I had defective cylinder heads that I had to replace...not fun by the way...and the plugs were toast...had to replace them....and the post card was from autolite headquarters.

  6. #6
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    Yea, I had defective cylinder heads that I had to replace...not fun by the way...and the plugs were toast...had to replace them....and the post card was from autolite headquarters.
    Should have kept a copy of the receipt .... yes?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  7. #7
    Regular Member usamarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Should have kept a copy of the receipt .... yes?
    Yea, I made a copy...then mailed in original receipt per the instruction....I still have my copy.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Should have kept a copy of the receipt .... yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    Yea, I made a copy...then mailed in original receipt per the instruction....I still have my copy.
    Seems like a relatively simple task then - just a make a daily pest out of yourself w/copy of receipt each time - for 20 bucks I can be downright pesty.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member usamarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Seems like a relatively simple task then - just a make a daily pest out of yourself w/copy of receipt each time - for 20 bucks I can be downright pesty.
    Ugh....I suppose I could, but its to much of a hassle....I hate dealing with customer no service...

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,604
    Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    Ugh....I suppose I could, but its to much of a hassle....I hate dealing with customer no service...
    They are likely counting on just that.

    It's like getting a coupon - most people won't use them. ymmv
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •