Thread: Gun Rights advancing in NH!

Thumbs up Gun Rights advancing in NH!

NH already has Open Carry with no license required, and "Constitutional Carry" just passed the NH House of Reps with a vote of 244-109. ( http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2011/HB330 ) and it looks like it ought to pass the Senate soon as well.

In the Senate, they have another bill ( http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2011/SB88 ) which is a "Stand Your Ground" bill, which just passed out of committee with an "Ought To Pass" on Thursday.

Great time to live in NH!

ShireMan:

As You may Recall, in Previous Posts, I Myself, Agreed that The State of New Hampshire will be in a Contest with other States in a Race to Enact Constitutional Protections beyond The Original Three States: Alaska, Arizona, Vermont. Wyoming, is now The Fourth State to have Constitutional Carry protections built into Law, with Utah Close behind..., and Colorado Droppiong out of The Race on a Close 3 Nay-2Yea Vote.

aadvark
    Last edited by aadvark; 03-26-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Constitutional Carry in NH would not only benefit residents and visitors alike, but significantly add impetus to the movement in other states - keep the ball rolling.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-27-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    ShireMan:

As You may Recall, in Previous Posts, I Myself, Agreed that The State of New Hampshire will be in a Contest with other States in a Race to Enact Constitutional Protections beyond The Original Three States: Alaska, Arizona, Vermont. Wyoming, is now The Fourth State to have Constitutional Carry protections built into Law, with Utah Close behind..., and Colorado Droppiong out of The Race on a Close 3 Nay-2Yea Vote.

aadvark
    Wyoming only allows residents to carry without a permit. I would hesitate calling this Constitutional carry as it is not applied to all citizens of the US.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Wyoming only allows residents to carry without a permit. I would hesitate calling this Constitutional carry as it is not applied to all citizens of the US.

YMMV
    Yeah.... we know.... we're working on it. Half a loaf and all that...
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Half is always better than none. I applaud Wyoming. Certainly head and shoulders abve the gulag I reside in, Marylandistan.

YMMV
    Is their carry applied to people from other states that allow constitutional carry? Or would someone from a place like Vermont still need to get a license to OC in Wyoming?

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Is their carry applied to people from other states that allow constitutional carry? Or would someone from a place like Vermont still need to get a license to OC in Wyoming?
    Anyone can OC in Wyoming. The only people who can CC without a permits are RESIDENTS

That's not Constitutional carry in the sense that carry of any kind is allowed for anyone with no permit or restrictions.
    Last edited by swinokur; 03-27-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Half is always better than none. I applaud Wyoming. Certainly head and shoulders abve the gulag I reside in, Marylandistan.

Yeah, I believe the accurate description for MD would be "Oligarchical Carry"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964