• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time. Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Sedona. Success.

jakethesnake

Live in LA. Took a mini vacation to Arizona. Decided to open carry because info on CCW was too confusing and I don't have a great holster for concealed.

I carried my big ol' HK USP Expert .45 in a belt holster on my right hip.

Went a lot of places. Plent of people noticed but not a single word or even whispers that I could tell.

Really nice to spend some time in a place where people aren't so irrational about guns.

I will probably get an AZ CCW permit so I can go in to restaurants that serve alcohol. That was the only real pain. Not knowing which restaurants I could go into. Yelp helped a lot because it shows if a place serves alcohol, but I always had to double check. Stupid rule.

I will probably open carry again just because this is my favorite gun and its huge.

I know this is open carry but can anyone tell me whether it is legal for a non-resident US citizen to carry concealed without a permit?

Thanks for e great site.

mzbk2l

Welcome, Jake; glad you enjoyed your trip.

AZ law makes no distinction between residents and non-residents in this regard. You can read ARS 13-3102 here: http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03102.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation:

(a) In the furtherance of a serious offense as defined in section 13-706, a violent crime as defined in section 13-901.03 or any other felony offense; or

(b) When contacted by a law enforcement officer and failing to accurately answer the officer if the officer asks whether the person is carrying a concealed deadly weapon; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or concealed within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation if the person is under twenty-one years of age

Basically, don't commit a crime, don't lie to a cop, and don't carry concealed under 21. Other than that, the normal AZ rules apply to anyone in Arizona, whether state resident or not.

azcdlfred

I will probably get an AZ CCW permit
As an FYI, you can get an AZ permit if you have military service, or a permit from another state that requires training. Also, any NRA pistol class certficiate meets the requirements.

If you currently have ANY permit, it's good in AZ and qualifies as a permit where one is needed.

If we (AzCDL) get one of our bills passed this year, AZ will mimic FL and that will allow places like Front Sight to qualify you for an AZ permit.

The times they are achangin'.

Fred

JoeGlock40

i think jakethesnake needs to move outa cali and come on down to good ol az so he actually can use his 2nd adm. right whenever and wherever