Thread: Went to an AWANA event today...at a Church/School...

Went to an AWANA event today...at a Church/School...

It was a church event..held at the gym of a the school associated with that church...i chose NOT to OC...I know Ive posed this question in the past, but really didnt recieve what i thouhgt was a definative answer. Since the 'school' IS private property, as is the associated church...Not sure what may have happened if i had OCd. Thoughts on this....

A school is a school. The law makes no distinction between public and private.

At least that it what I understand of the law.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Better safe than sorry.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

But what if the school is a different building and separate from the church. Affiliated, but not necessarily owned by the same entity. So one could theoretically carry on the church portion being privately owned, but not the school property. But then what about a driveway that serves both. OOOOH the ignorance and stupidity of acts of legislation.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Being that it's a school, wouldn't the 1000 foot rule apply?
    Last edited by Pyro01; 03-27-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro01 View Post
    Being that it's a school, wouldn't the 1000 foot rule apply?
    Private property is exempt from the 1000 foot rule. But as mentioned earlier, better safe than sorry. I personally would not have carried. Too many ifs involved that an officer could interpret differently and cause a big problem not to mention any judges.
    Carry: XD .40 4"

Oh yeah, I get it now, I retract my earlier post. It didn't click until now.
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson