• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia: Governor McDonnell Signs Four Bills

paramedic70002

The new laws are window dressing. With a pro2A government I expected more meat with the potatoes. Overall a disappointment and does not bode well for the future. Other states are passing by our state of Revolutionary liberty.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The new laws are window dressing. With a pro2A government I expected more meat with the potatoes. Overall a disappointment and does not bode well for the future. Other states are passing by our state of Revolutionary liberty.

+1
McDonnell is not much of a friend.

45acpForMe

I agree with you but also agree with Philip that an election cycle needs to happen before we have the votes to pass the better bills.

There were less "quality" bills entered this session because of that so I am EXPECTING good things in the future. I hope I am not disappointed!!!

PS: I was disappointed with McDonald and the Cuch as to University carry, State Forrests. They could have stood up and voiced their constitutional grounds to correct those infringements but decided to lay low and play it safe for their political career. The State Parks opinion from McDonald was only a year late and felt like a small bone being thrown to us again for political reasons rather than showing backbone and leadership.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I agree with you but also agree with Philip that an election cycle needs to happen before we have the votes to pass the better bills.

There were less "quality" bills entered this session because of that so I am EXPECTING good things in the future. I hope I am not disappointed!!!

PS: I was disappointed with McDonald and the Cuch as to University carry, State Forrests. They could have stood up and voiced their constitutional grounds to correct those infringements but decided to lay low and play it safe for their political career. The State Parks opinion from McDonald was only a year late and felt like a small bone being thrown to us again for political reasons rather than showing backbone and leadership.

You noticed the State Forest issue isn't over yet, didn't you?

ocholsteroc

I heard Flordia got the OPEN CARRY bill to through something, I forgot. Atlest it's moving somewhere.

:banana:

But its only for CCW holders... On the good side if your gun prints you wont get charged with anything. Right now if your gun prints/shows you can get fined.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You noticed the State Forest issue isn't over yet, didn't you?

State Forest issue and the progress(?) thereon is 3 years old this month.

Meanwhile all of the other state agency issues are as cold as yesteday's ashes. Are we being sidetracked on this one question only to have the others lay dormant?

TFred

I may sound like a broken record, but now that the Democrat-controlled Senate has firmly established that there are absolutely no consequences when they break their own subcommittee rules, the forward progress of RKBA is quite literally dead in Virginia.

I have as much respect for Philip and the VCDL as the next guy, and probably even a tad bit more, but you simply can't fight cheating that is sanctioned by "the system" if you are committed to playing fair and legal.

The future of the RKBA movement in Virginia rests squarely on the next State elections.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I may sound like a broken record, but now that the Democrat-controlled Senate has firmly established that there are absolutely no consequences when they break their own subcommittee rules, the forward progress of RKBA is quite literally dead in Virginia.

I have as much respect for Philip and the VCDL as the next guy, and probably even a tad bit more, but you simply can't fight cheating that is sanctioned by "the system" if you are committed to playing fair and legal.

The future of the RKBA movement in Virginia rests squarely on the next State elections.

TFred

You are the first to say it, to spell it out, TFred an I do not disagree.

Ask who is responsible for enforcing the rules and why they have not taken action. There is blame enough for both sides of the political isle.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Ask who is responsible for enforcing the rules and why they have not taken action. There is blame enough for both sides of the political isle.

You might want to mention it to Lonesome Bill (Bolling).
He could correct it in a heartbeat. He just won't.

TFred

Who is more responsible, the criminal who commits the crime, or the cop who won't arrest and charge?

Things that make you scratch your chin.

TFred

user

Accomplished Advocate
That one involving military orders referring to the Pentagon has always struck me as kind of nuts. What difference does it make where the post office is located that serves a particular address. The only basis for the confusion is that there are people who don't understand that the "city, state, zip" line of their mailing address is not THEIR location, but that of the post office that serves their location. What useless wheel-spinning.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

THAT is precisely the point - I just didn't want to be the only one to say so.

If you cannot maintain order and cause the rules to be followed, why would I trust you to do the right thing ever? At least with our espoused enemies, we know where they stand. With Bill, he isn't talking out of both sides of his mouth; he simply is not talking or doing anything - assuredly nothing noteworthy or of merit.

If there were anybody else running for dog catcher, I would have to consider voting for them.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
...if you are committed to playing fair and legal.

So don't.

The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

IMNSHO, in the fight for Liberty, there are no rules. It's just too damn important. The tyrants agree, they're already doing it. Being honorable does you no good if you keep losing. I'd rather be called a criminal, like all of the Founding Fathers, than see my children become slaves.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

TFred

So don't.

The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

IMNSHO, in the fight for Liberty, there are no rules. It's just too damn important. The tyrants agree, they're already doing it. Being honorable does you no good if you keep losing. I'd rather be called a criminal, like all of the Founding Fathers, than see my children become slaves.

As this applies here, let us not lose sight of the fact that in general OCDO is not a political forum - it is specifically targeted and limited to OCDO and RKBA on a slightly lesser scale. The Social Forum is the only area where we can go so off tangent.

I would have said:

IMHO, in the fight for OC/RKBA there are rules. Rules are damned important. The antis disagree, some are already without honor and are breaking the rules. Being honorable does a lot of good (we are winning utilizing that condition) in that such holds us to a higher standard of truth and credibility. I'd rather not be a criminal - that will benefit neither myself nor my children. Meanwhile I shall teach my children and my grandchildren the meaning of Honor, Duty and Fidelity - concepts not lost on the Founding Fathers -

I work to see that the results are improved w/o such extremes as to that which some allude.

Repeater

VCDL President rebuts Henry Marsh's lies

TFred

See Phil's letter to the Times-Dispatch:

Senate Democrats sought to curb rights

The hypocrisy in Sen. Henry Marsh's Letter to the Editor, "Voters will decide who best represents state," was jaw-dropping. He claims that under the control of Democratic leadership, they "protect(ed) citizens' rights."

Oh, really? What about the citizens' right to keep and bear arms? Last year the Democratic-controlled Senate intentionally broke the Senate's own rules to create an ad hoc subcommittee stacked with anti-freedom senators whose mandate was to kill a series of pro-gun bills that had passed the House. These were bills that strengthened and protected the right of Virginians to be able to protect themselves. The rule-breaking and stacked subcommittee were proudly admitted to by the Democratic leadership.

Protecting a citizen's rights? Not by a very long shot.

Philip Van Cleave.
Midlothian.