• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny OPEN CARRY stories to share

Joe GlockStar

So i go to Kmart to pick up my girlfriend from work, a place i worked at for a few months at one time, and ofcourse i decide to Open Carry the new bi tone XDM 9...the "head of security" dude, (basically a 35 yr old loser that thinks hes a navy seal b/c he watches monitors all day and sneaks around looking for shoplifters) who knows me, comes up and says hey joe, you know we ban guns here right? "its not on the front door nick?" he replies "oh, hey can i see your gun dude?" so he wants me to pull out and hand him my loaded gun after telling me that its banned in the store. i said no im not really allowed to do that nick sorry. i had to politely walk away as to not laugh ignorantly in dudes face lol...i thought it was funny, mayb u had to b there...thought ide share for anyone else lol...share your funny stories

stainless1911

Banned
I was at the Great Lakes Crossing Mall in Auburn Hills Michigan when this 15(?) year old girl spotted my gun and ran down the halls, exclaiming "that niggas got a gun yo". Her friends thought she was nuts, and laughed at her. As did I.

lil_freak_66

Down in virginia beach last year, me and a few others(most of us OC'ing)

we're at this pizza place and i hear a few women probably in they're late teens/early 20s talking amongst each other,talking about how cute/hott one of us was(never caught who) long story short,i hear one of them say "i wonder what else he's packin!" followed by giggles and an "ooh" or two

thats probably the funniest one i witnessed.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I walked into a bar not carrying and a XD 45 was bartending...asked me "Whata ya have".. Told him I was thinking about having a shot but just changed my mind...

Walked into the same bar the next night with a group of friends.. the same XD was bartending...asked us all the same question.... "Whata ya have".... as my friends were trying to decide what to order, I told them not to worry, that I would buy the first round.....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Erik88

I was at Wal-Mart one night when one of the employees who was a little "special" says to me "it's not very often I see a Glock 50 cal" :lol::lol:

He was being serious....

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I was at Taco Bell with a group of friends, all of us open carrying. After we had ordered we sat down and I heard a woman telling her two kids (about 9 and 11 years old) to "Hurry and finish eating, those guys have guns!" The best part, one of the kids said "It's okay Mom, Dad does the same thing when we are at his house" Guess the parents were split up and the mom didn't know the dad was into OC...

eye95

If the mom thought the mere presence of guns were such a threat, why not leave immediately? She chose an irrational response to her irrational fear. Her kids were more rational than she.