• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry rally 4/23

bed92186

How many can we get to attend this year? Open carry rally 4/23/11. Spread the word. Numbers say everything.

Restore The Constitution
... 2A Open Carry Rally. Saturday, April 23, 12 PM to 3PM. Gold Dome, Atlanta, GA 30334. Special Guest Speaker, Jerry Henry, Executive Director of Georgia Carry!
restoretheconstitution.wordpress.com

moga

Oh yes, I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world, especially since this will be the first time in recent history that anyone other than LE and court personnel are able to carry at the capitol.

Thanks for the reminder. I'd almost forgotten about it with all else that I have to manage.

Fabricator

It was great to meet many like minded folks today. A great event indeed, and great interaction with Capitol Police (Thanks to John Bingham for softening them from his last visit). I'm looking forward to the next rally! I'll say that the ride down from the Doraville MARTA station was not real eventful, even with the "security officer" asking Travis and I to cover up our firearms, (which we respectfully declined to do); the ride back was standing room only from where we got on at the Underground back to Doraville. I was carrying one of the 2ft rally signs that read: "The second amendment is my gun permit", and had some great conversations with fellow passengers about the often racist roots of our state firearms regulations/laws (Thank you GA Carry for making that information so accessible). When we got back to the Doraville station, there were 3 MARTA police officers that we walked by without a word being spoken as well. We were prepared to be hassled, but were pleasently surprised at how smoothly things went. Next time we must make an even greater turnout! In the meantime, follow the advice Jerry Henry gave, and lets all get to know our local rep's and Senators! We NEED to do this while they are NOT in session as well! Cheers all!

Fabricator

mark5019

heres 2 pictures from yesterday

was very nice day

Attachments

• me at ralley.jpg
    me at ralley.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 179
  • signs from ralley.jpg
    signs from ralley.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 178