• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Regulations

afcarry

Hey, here's some trivia for you: The state of Missouri - Per Article1 Section 23 of Missouri State Constitution - uses a very gender specific pronoun when describing the rights of individuals carrying firearms. And I quote:

"Section 23. That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons."

This is very indicative of the restrictions applied to female persons who carry firearms openly. In other sections of the law, very gender neutral terms are used, OR multiple gender specific terms are used so as to be inclusive rather than exclusive. For example I present this excerpt from Section 563:

"A person may, subject to the provisions of subsection 2 of this section, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she reasonably believes such force to be necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful force by such other person,"

There is room in between the constitution and the statutes for further regulation of the open carrying of firearms. ESPECIALLY since the source I quoted (563) is regarding the use of force, which is applied also to CCW holders. This may indicate that it can be legally permissible for persons of the female type to carry weapons only in a concealed manner. Let the fun begin.

ChiangShih

So...what you're saying is...we need to work on some legislation or enforce....the restriction of handguns for females.

...Nice.

Cool guy glasses on.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Most states have a statute or code that basically says when when gender specific pronoun is used the other is included.

Big Boy

In grammar his is not always gender specific. Akin to saying "mankind" does not just mean men.