Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hooters Get Together

Hooters Get Together

A couple of friends and I are going to Hooters in Lansing on the 30th maybe around 7:00pm. Anybody want to stop by would be welcome.

i cant go armed due to alcohol sales,but i think i can make it,just shoot me a PM!
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Its not really an oc meeting or anything but just a get together just to eat and talk and shoot the ****. Just hangin out I guess.

Several months ago Hooters corporate sent a memo to all restaurants. This memo informed store managers that they are not to allow firearms CC or OC in their restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Several months ago Hooters corporate sent a memo to all restaurants. This memo informed store managers that they are not to allow firearms CC or OC in their restaurants.
    Really? Damn, I had wanted to take my boys there. I guess Cheetah's it is.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

several of us have been to this hooters on several occasions without issue,most recently(that im aware of) in late January.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Really? Damn, I had wanted to take my boys there. I guess Cheetah's it is.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

No signs.... I've never been asked to leave...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Don't have a CCW permit?
    He's not 21 yet.
    Big Gay Al

exactly,and i tend to stick to small businesses that i know people at for permission asking,i dont personally know any employees or managers at that hooters so im not inclined to ask for permission as im almost positive it would be a swift "no" i dont go there often enough to worry about it either,pretty much every time im there im with a CPL holder so i am not too worried about myself.
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 03-28-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Like I had said before. This really isn't an OC get together. I just wanted to see who wanted to come if I was going to be down that way. OC, CC, It doesn't really matter.

Unless you are talking about the waitresses "OC" or "CC"!
    they sure dont conceal much of nothing...one could even call it brandishing!

If you're thinking CC, one must ask if the primary source of income is booze at Hooters? ...is it?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

that'd be a toughie...one should call and ask before they CC into such a place

Quote Originally Posted by lil_freak_66 View Post
    that'd be a toughie...one should call and ask before they CC into such a place
    I dunno. I see Hooters as a restaurant that sells alcohol, as opposed to a bar that serves food. Sort of like Appleby's.
    Big Gay Al

our state doesnt have 21+ restrictions for bars that im aware of,any such restrictions are just policies.

from the times ive been there,id say that it would be very close to majority,everybody i see usually gets one or 2 things to share and then each has a few beers,then there are those that eat meals...id say it would be awful close,but thats just my opinion

For what it's worth, it appears that nationally, liquor sales is 28% of their income.
    http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/...l_feature.html
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Big Gay Al - the Hooters expert!
    Well, some people do think I'm a big boob.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 03-30-2011 at 05:26 AM.
    Big Gay Al

...what percent of their income is based on boobs?

100%!!!

few of us are here now.

It's 7:08. No familiar faces. No one OCing.

7:26 and no one. This is starting to stretch the definition of "about 7"

all here now!

ETA:
    had a good time with everyone
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 03-30-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Nice small group of 6 of us. No OC'er, but good company and exception scenery for Hooters...

sorry i literally ran out of there...i had a sudden health issue to take care of(not hooters related)
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 03-30-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast