• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hooters Get Together

Golden Eagle

Nice small group of 6 of us. No OC'er, but good company and exception scenery for Hooters...

So I think we're all wondering did the bouncer get scared and say no guns or did everyone just decide no OC to avoid controversy?

boobs.gif

Helljumper09

There wasn't a bouncer and Hooters follows state law on OCing firearms. Which means that they allow OC as does the statebof Michigan. And Freak, you said you had to go to watch Mythbusters, Just remembered that.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
There wasn't a bouncer and Hooters follows state law on OCing firearms. Which means that they allow OC as does the statebof Michigan. And Freak, you said you had to go to watch Mythbusters, Just remembered that.

Please provide some documentation on this. You are a newer member here & it seems that your statement above conflicts with the statement made by sprinklerguy28 in post #4 of this thread that they are ANTI OC/CC! So which is it? We don't want to give people bad or outdated info. that jams them up if they go anyways correct?

Thanks for any clarity you can provide Helljumper09

lil_freak_66

i said mythbusters to cover the fact that i had microwave burritos for lunch...i just didnt want to make anyone lose they're appetite.

Helljumper09

Thats ok man. If you knew the people that I was there with, they would have understood.
Oh and Glock, this is a letter from the Vp of marketing from Hooters to a member of Michigan Open Carry,

Dear Mr. Horner,

Thank you for your e mail concerning your experience in our Kalamazoo Michigan location. As for our policy concerning firearms in Hooters locations we do not have one. It is our practice to follow the laws in the respective states we do business in. Towards that end our managers are instructed that should questions arise about an armed guest they should have the local law enforcement authorities make the determination if a guest is in compliance. It is my understanding that is what happened in your case. The situation of guest entering our locations armed is something that happens so rarely it is not practical to train managers in how to deal with it. I have worked for Hooters for 20 years and been to our units all over the world and I have never felt my safety required carrying a weapon.

Again thanks for your communication and hopefully I answered your question.

Mike McNeil
VP Marketing
Hooters of America

Thats were I am getting my Info from, Just so you know.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

so they DO follow state law,which is great!

im sure armed patrons are in there more often than they think,they just dont know it,and most managers probably dont report it to corporate for a determination.

emt232004

Please provide some documentation on this. You are a newer member here & it seems that your statement above conflicts with the statement made by sprinklerguy28 in post #4 of this thread that they are ANTI OC/CC! So which is it? We don't want to give people bad or outdated info. that jams them up if they go anyways correct?

Thanks for any clarity you can provide Helljumper09

Response from Mike McNeil, VP of Marketing, Hooters of America (1/27/11 1709):

Dear Mr. Horner,

Thank you for your e mail concerning your experience in our Kalamazoo Michigan location. As for our policy concerning firearms in Hooters locations we do not have one. It is our practice to follow the laws in the respective states we do business in. Towards that end our managers are instructed that should questions arise about an armed guest they should have the local law enforcement authorities make the determination if a guest is in compliance. It is my understanding that is what happened in your case. The situation of guest entering our locations armed is something that happens so rarely it is not practical to train managers in how to deal with it. I have worked for Hooters for 20 years and been to our units all over the world and I have never felt my safety required carrying a weapon.

Again thanks for your communication and hopefully I answered your question.

Mike McNeil
VP Marketing
Hooters of America

This is from the MOC site which the thread was locked.
http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?topic=1038.0

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
This is from the MOC site which the thread was locked.
http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php?topic=1038.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"03-28-2011 07:35 AM #4
sprinklerguy28

Several months ago Hooters corporate sent a memo to all restaurants. This memo informed store managers that they are not to allow firearms CC or OC in their restaurants. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again this was posted by MOC president on 3/28/2011 so I'll take that as the most current information until I see something current from HOOTERS and not from a marketing person but from their legal department. Use your head (the one on your shoulders here people). Note that no one who went OC'd that should tell you there is a doubt at this time as to what their policy is....one would think...think, being the key word here.

Last edited:

emt232004

I don't see the point in closing a thread without all the facts until we get a solid final result. This said letter from hooters to all their stores in MI has not been posted. Second the VP of marketing has stated their corporate policy is to follow state law. If that is indeed their policy someone on their end needs to get their information correct rather than try to restrict local policy. Until I see something from their corporate office I will continue to carry there as other have done without issue. The letter from the marketing VP is fairly recent and only a few months old as well as their said new memo. I am not doubting MOC president but that of hooters & their flip/flop letters & memos.

lil_freak_66

i look at it this way...as long as they dont complain,why should we? regardless of actual policy,it seems that at least this location has no issues with sober customer carry.

TheQ

i look at it this way...as long as they dont complain,why should we? regardless of actual policy,it seems that at least this location has no issues with sober customer carry.

That and there is no signs with any mention of weapons on the premises.