• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need IWB holster for KelTec PF9

hvtopiwala

i am looking for a good IWB holster for my keltec PF9. i have a really small frame (im 5'5" 120lbs) so the less bulky the better. ideally im looking for a cantable one because i like to switch up carrying from my 8'clock position to my 2/3'clock position depending on what im wearing.

madrevar

I have a Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan ($64) that I use for the few times I like to deep conceal my PF9, but I would also reccomend maybe bumping up to the MTAC ($80) for an extra layer of leather comfort!

jeeper1

Reasonably easy. A screwdriver is the only tool needed.
Here is a pic of my P11 in a CrossBreed QwikClip. You can see the other mounting holes. Of course, you can add your own holes if you want.
Qwik_ClipP11.jpg

onlurker

I have a DeSantis Insider for my 709 Slim (it's about the same size as the PF9) and I think it works great. It's low-riding though, putting the grip nearly to the belt line and while the cant angle isn't exactly adjustable, it doesn't move around when you have it turned how you want it. I looked on DeSantis' website and see they have the same holster listed for the PF9 that I use for my Slim, so if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

hvtopiwala

is the soft-tuck solid form? like is it possible to reholster with one hand or do i have to open the holster each time i want to reholster?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The website sas the opening is reinforced with "premium saddle leather to assist in re-holstering." i don't believe it has and plastic or metal parts to hold the opening open.

virginiatuck

I have a leather Galco IWB holster for my PF-9 that works well.

This is not a holster to which you can re-insert the firearm safely without removing the holster. I put the holster on the PF-9 first, then carefully insert it into my waistband. This really hasn't been any kind of hindrance or source of frustration for me. It's pretty easy.

It's low-profile and very concealable and just as good for OC (not in all States). It has a j-hook for the belt to hold it in place.

I was going to post some pics of mine, but the site it telling my me image uploads are failing; however, it's not saying why. So, here's Galco's online catalog entry for their IWB for the PF-9:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=1759&GunID=469

Something I've considered getting for my PF-9 is this, though I have some safety concerns about actually using it:
http://www.keltecweapons.com/product/pf-9-belt-clip-stainless/