• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fix gun checks truck

Gunslinger

seems like a reasonable group to me.

Stricter background checks, and They also want all records of criminals and others who are barred from buying guns to be included in the background check database.

Whats so bad about that?

Now I know its not going to solve all the problems, but MIGHT keep a gun out of at least one BGs hand. These rules don't even affect any law abiding people.

Also from what I understand, these new rules wouldn't even have changed the Tuscon shooting.

Here you go. I guess you misplaced it. Any size contribution is welcome. www.bradycenter.org

suntzu

I understand your point in the absolute. I'm adding the next part of the conversation: We know Permit/Licensing/Checking is an evil scam, so why do it?

I get it, I'm not dwelling on it. what is the next step? The next thought? We have determined truth, what to do with it?

I'm suggesting that the criminalization of the honest man demonstrates that 'criminals' are merely citizens who refuse to feed tyrants. Yes, it's all about money. So stop giving it to them. Be a 'criminal.' Don't feed the beast.

Break the Law like a good Freedom-Loving Patriot should.

Where did this Country come from? Obedience to the Crown? Pshaw...

The issue with your idea is this--one person doing it and refusing to play along gets steam rolled over. It would take so many as to totally overwhelm the system and make it impossible to enforce the privilege card laws that are on the book in most states. As I am sure you recall--the colonials did not stand up as a single person--and those foolish few who actually did usually ended up at the end of a rope. The colonials refused to play ball with the crown, joined as individuals--but they fought together in a single cause and it took from 1775-1781 to gain independence. But they did it as one. Everyone who signed that Declaration of Independence committed treason and sedition against the ruling government in England. The end result of all of that is what you have today...

Now the problem is--what this country has now are good sheeple. They are brainwashed into obeying and complying. Try to get enough people together as to accomplish a repeal of the privilege card law and tell me how that works out for you--people here in this country don't want by and large to take a stand for anything anymore, because they have been properly brainwashed to comply with every demand regardless of what rights get trampled in the process.

People don't want to rock the boat and quite frankly they worship the permit system as some sacred cow because that is what the masses have been brainwashed into doing.

I agree that we should refuse to sit in the back of the bus. Now the question is--how do you get enough people as a whole to refuse to sit in the back of the bus and actually make a difference and where do you start first--because it would be I think a state by state movement.

Until enough people are willing to take a stand as one and refuse to have their rights trampled on anymore--all of this is just academic.

Last edited: