Thread: Gun Week at GMU

Gun Week at GMU

______
    Last edited by nova; 12-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Wish I could be there to support you, you long hair hippie! Best of luck. GMU is my old school. Some day I'll shoot that fist hammer you got again :^). Dang, that hurt! I've been watching this issue and will continue. Let me know if there's something I can do.....

In the spirit of gun week, I am working on an eight page essay on open carry in Virginia that is due Wednesday.

Moderator / Administrator
    Will there be any outside events where folks can open carry without violating the GMU gun ban in buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    long hair hippie!?!? The fact you remember when I caused you great pain by way of .357 Magnum you should know I had short hair then and still do now and that I'm not a hippie!

I haven't been down to Christiansburg for a while but I'll let you know the next time I plan on being in town!
    Long hair hippie is my favorite derogatory term of endearment, I apply it to everyone I'm making fun of :^). Do let me know if you will be down here sometime... And good luck with your gun day.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    I will be speaking at GMU on Wednesday, April 6th, from 5 PM to 7 PM on the past, present, and future of campus carry in Virginia.
    You barely speak in person.. how will you do this publically?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Now boys, play nice!!

In the spirit of the South, the next time anyone calls someone a hippie, say something like "He's a long hair hippie, bless his heart".

Quote Originally Posted by Neplusultra View Post
    Long hair hippie is my favorite derogatory term of endearment, I apply it to everyone I'm making fun of :^). Do let me know if you will be down here sometime... And good luck with your gun day.
    I prefer the phrase, "long-haired hippie FREAK", myself. Though, now, the long hair is on the bottom of my head.

As an alumnus of GMUSL, I'd like to be there, as well, but it's not likely. I used to live a couple of blocks from the main campus, so it would be fun to show up and stroll around, bristling with holsters.

Before and After:
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

I don't plan on doing so, but can we carry magazines (either loaded or unloaded) as part of the empty holster protest?
    Last edited by hunter45; 03-31-2011 at 07:11 PM.

They may hit you with an "explosive" if they really wanted to though with the ammo. The VCDL thing is inside? Doesn't that mean that LEGALLY everyone that isn't a student can't even carry inside?

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I prefer the phrase, "long-haired hippie FREAK", myself. ***snip***
    That's the phrase I use when referring to a friend of mine that still has the long hair usually kept in a pony tail.

smokeless powder is not a high explosive. If they tried that, then anyone who carries a zippo better look out too!

correct. I'm still thinking that we should have an OC lunch/dinner at Brions across the street from GMU sometime during gun week. I know several people (including myself) who have OCd there many times and they've always been kind to us and accommodating to groups. For that matter, I believe the NoVA Libertarians meet there every month.
    Man I wish I was in nova to make that lunch. That place was pretty good and gun friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by CRF250rider1000 View Post
    Man I wish I was in nova to make that lunch. That place was pretty good and gun friendly.
    You're also missing out on Gay Pride week at GMU next week.
    Last edited by hunter45; 03-31-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter45 View Post
    you're also missing out on gay pride week at gmu next week.
    thankfully!

It'd be great if it were Students for Campus Carry, rather than Students for Concealed Carry. That way law-abiding 18 year olds would be able to carry as well.

Did anyone see NBC4 news at 11 this evening? My friend said they had a piece on GMU gun week.

NBC4 did us more justice. Fox 5 made me look like a solo idiot.
    "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
    ‘‘To disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Here is my interview with NRA news from 1050pm tonight. Click on "weekly show archive" in the left side, and then scroll down to "Karolyn Galarza": http://www.nranews.com/#/nranews
    "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
    ‘‘To disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Here is the link of the fox interview:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virg...versity-040411

Wow, that one lady said its not smart, someone might go crazy and kill someone.... Where has it been reported and how often does a CHP holder go crazy and randomly kills people? Look at VT, no CHP??(do not know if he had one) and he killed people.

Bunch of anti gun people runing it for us. Yet they are the ones to scream gun crime.

That other guy said it will cause more problems than good? wow these people are what allow mass shootings, then blame a gun for it all.

Are they taking the GMU lawsuit to SCOTUS?

Maybe we do not need to wear our seatbelts, it will cause more harm than good, I could snap my neck while in a crash
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 04-06-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Wednesday 4/6: VCDL President Philip Van Cleave will be speaking at GMU about past, present, and future efforts to get campus carry passed at the VA general assembly. Location: Lecture Hall Bldg, Room 1. Time: 5:00-7:00pm
    Did anybody record Philip's talk? I would be very interested in the material that was presented.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Did anybody record Philip's talk? I would be very interested in the material that was presented.

TFred
    As far as I know, it was not recorded.