• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What will they drop?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I went shopping this weekend at Sams and picked up one of those large tubes of hamburger. I cut off 2 pounds for a pot of chili and then was slicing up 1/2 pound burgers out of the rest of it, putting it in baggies for the deep freezer.

While doing so, both of the boot lickers were sitting on their haunches eagerly awaiting the next tiny morsel of burger that might drop from the knife. So eager, so patient, ultimately submissive and content to wait for whatever might come even if it never did.

It rang too true in my ears after the events of the past few weeks.

I am no longer willing to wait and beg, it really frustrated me a lot. I got the boot from a webspace I have shown a great deal of support for years including coin, I have seen the issues of a recent poster here whom has a history but is still being told he should be submissive.

I am no longer willing to put up with it and while there is more BS involved that I care to deal with on a regular basis, I will open carry where legal from this point forward. I got a sound retention holster yesterday for the gun snob stainless 1911 and that will be my OC arm of choice.

We had to take the fiance' son to Wal-mart last night after he got off work to get money orders (why these kids won't get checking accounts I will never understand) and from 8:30pm through 9:15 I walked various departments from automotive, sporting goods (No 45 in stock btw) to looking for specific pillow cases the fiance' seeks.

Not a single word, only one real odd look and that speaks volumes because this "crowded store" had a lot of folks that were most likely interested in getting their own stuff and heading home more than they were the cocked and locked chunk of metal.

I do need a favor from those here, is there anywhere local at all a guy can get a decent belt? I am likely to head to Leon's uniform later today to get one police type for the additional support of a sorta heavy firearm. I know a lot can be ordered online and I will be doing so but if you did not get it from above, I will be OC pretty much all hours I am not at work or in court, I have simply given up the begging for my rights back, the required submission to only one form of thought on a forum, I am the people and this government is "of" me! SO I would prefer something beyond the dress belt I have lol.

Thanks
Rich

LMTD wrote:......"I am no longer willing to wait and beg, it really frustrated me a lot. I got the boot from a webspace I have shown a great deal of support for years including coin, I have seen the issues of a recent poster here whom has a history but is still being told he should be submissive."

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: No attacking other gun rights groups.

goalseter88

this wilderness instructor belt has gotten great reviews. it has several different types, so you can choose which meets your needs. and i know several on this site and missouricarry that said its great. that they use it for the range and also just for their everyday out and about business. i needing to pick one up myself soon.

here a link to the original instructor belt, but you can check there several other types on their webpage.

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2309&parent=142

JDW

Wilderness belts are GREAT! , I have one and love it . For a leather belt I'd like to plug www.bullhidebelts.com single layer , double thick , not too expensive , and unbelievably fast shipping ,like two days out or something like that . Oh and congrat / condolences (whichever the case may be for ya) on getting canned over at mocarry

ETA : on the wilderness most folks crow about the 5 stitch instructor , somehow I wound up with 3 stitch ? I like it well enough but for 5 more dollars what the hey to do it again I'd get a 5 stitch.

Last edited:

Big Boy

My belt is from crossbreed. It's wonderful. And guaranteed for life. I know they are Missouri based...but not quite sure how close they may be to you.

You can order them from their website.

--Moderator Comment--Completely OT posting.

--Moderator Edited - Deleted post--

--Warning serious rule violation
--

NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

Note: Personal attacks such as this are also a major rule violation.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well I have already had one post here deleted for commenting on the issue so I am going to leave it alone. I am however looking for another org that seeks to work for Missouri gun rights to drop coin to as I can not support an org if the leadership fails to pass the simple test of not allowing others to disagree, it is a sign of seriously weak management.

............--Moderator Reply--

Disagreement is accepted, even criticism of OCDO is acceptable.
The violation of forum rules is not so much tolerated.
John has always made both of these very clear.

kcgunfan

My belt is from crossbreed. It's wonderful. And guaranteed for life. I know they are Missouri based...but not quite sure how close they may be to you.

The are in Republic MO, W of Springfield about 30 minutes. According to an email I got last week, they're about 6 weeks backorderd though. I love their Supertuck CC IWB holster (not that I would ever use it...) If you want something not so nylony, I bet their leather belts are great also. But, I get my leather belts from www.anvilcustoms.com . It's a friend that has his own leather shop in Springfield. He has great products. His bread and butter is leather wallets, belts, holsters. But, he does some killer bike seat work also. That's his true love.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
.....--Moderator Reply--

Disagreement is accepted, even criticism of OCDO is acceptable.
The violation of forum rules is not so much tolerated.
John has always made both of these very clear.

You have mistaken the context of my post. I was referring to another forum where the chair threatened to ban anyone whom disagreed with him on a specific case. I commented on the removal of postings here not as critical but as an explanation that I was not going to get into details or identify the situation specifically since when I did the post was removed. I have no issues here, if I did I would make them clear.

Sorry for not stating as much more clearly.

........--Moderator Reply--
Accepted your explanation at face value - thanks.
The post of another which was edited/deleted did contain several violations that should not have occurred.
I perhaps associated that with yours.

Superlite27

Let it lie, let it lie.

Digging for reasons to get into "he said/she said" arguments is digressive and leads to pointless bickering that serves no purpose whatsoever. Are other forums unfair? Moot. Did someone overstep the rules here? Moot. Arguing until we arrive at an answer to either of these questions will only provide one thing: Arrival at an irrellevant conclusion.

For what? An opportunity to break the rules and get pounced on by mods? It's a classic Risk/Reward choice. Ask yourself: "Am I willing to argue, break the rules, make enemies, possibly get banned, and numerous unintended consequences for the wonderful and pleasing reward of.....making a point nobody really even cares about."

I know what my answer would be.

Now, as for the belt. This would be a worthy topic. LMTD's new attitude about OC is also a relevant subject. (Although I wouldn't really call it "new" as I believe he has always supported OC) It just seems like LMTD has reached a point, crossed a boundary, or "drew a line in the sand" where he is no longer willing to take any "guff" about it from the public.

Am I on the right track, LMTD? Because I'm right there with you. No more guff for me. Especially from sohighlyunlikely. The next time I take flak from him regarding perceived personality quirks about peer-pressured photographic opportunities or late night tactical drills in "practical night-time combat attire" (How many people wear body armor and boots to bed? Aren't you, most likely, going to be in your skivvies?)....I'm going to reply with a snide and slightly smart-alecky comment.

Then we can go back and forth about breaking the terms of service until a moderator gets involved.

sohighlyunlikely

well well

Am I on the right track, LMTD? Because I'm right there with you. No more guff for me. Especially from sohighlyunlikely. The next time I take flak from him regarding perceived personality quirks about peer-pressured photographic opportunities or late night tactical drills in "practical night-time combat attire" (How many people wear body armor and boots to bed? Aren't you, most likely, going to be in your skivvies?)....I'm going to reply with a snide and slightly smart-alecky comment.

Don't drag me into this for asking you why you sometimes only have moderate support for OC? And I believe it is your right to do your underwear drills on your private property in the woods if you so wish to do so. This is America land of the free, and I say God bless it for being that way.

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Now, as for the belt. This would be a worthy topic. LMTD's new attitude about OC is also a relevant subject. (Although I wouldn't really call it "new" as I believe he has always supported OC) It just seems like LMTD has reached a point, crossed a boundary, or "drew a line in the sand" where he is no longer willing to take any "guff" about it from the public.

Am I on the right track, LMTD? Because I'm right there with you. No more guff for me. Especially from sohighlyunlikely. The next time I take flak from him regarding perceived personality quirks about peer-pressured photogrrpaphic opportunities or late night tactical drills in "practical night-time combat attire" (How many people wear body armor and boots to bed? Aren't you, most likely, going to be in your skivvies?)....I'm going to reply with a snide and slightly smart-alecky comment.

Then we can go back and forth about breaking the terms of service until a moderator gets involved.

okay point of clarification
I made a post that was an appropriate the moderator deleted it it's over

it was a clear violation of the rules I simply forgot and made a mistake I own it 100 percent
my reference do the situation with the other site had nothing to do with a complaint about the other side or this site it was simply a driving force behind my personal motivation not to beat bad but to go out and hunt so to speak that simply means that the other person on the other side who was not allowing someone who dis agree with them was not going to dictate my behavior any longer like my behavior cutting the meat was dictating my dog's behavior

I am no longer willing to wait for the rules to fall before me I am going to become bar more active in getting them changed and I do not believe bit changing them mean hiding one's opinion any longer for the benefit of any given person group or otherwise

I do support open carry however in the beginning I was concerned of the anti gun reaction to it I continue to think that there is some merit to that is the best exampled buy maplewood however that does not change the simple fact remaining silent on such issues for the last 30 to 40 years have done us no good speaking for the last 5 to 10 have done a lot of good I'm not ready to give up yet

I will not violate any law however I will exercise all of my rights and I will not look back I only will look forward I'm not looking for anyone to hand me give me or grant me anything our forefathers rt did that everyone else just tries to take away

I just believe that the normalization of open carry through responsible citizens home will respond to policing choir reason a polite professional manner will move things forward in a more positive manner then I previously believe were the case

putting it as simple as it is my attitude towards it has changed there for others attitudes are capable of changing as well I seek only to assist others in a legal professional manner to do exactly that

I am sorry for bad formatting and possibly text spelling but sent from phone have a nice day

Superlite27

....it is your right to do your underwear drills on your private property.....
Doc

AHEM!... The preferred nomenclature is "practical night-time combat attire". Underwear is so....pedestrian.

And "part-time" OC supporter? Hey, just because I don't feel like mugging for the camera or driving three blocks to have my picture taken for the umpteenth time in front of a municipal building doesn't mean I'm a "part-time" supporter. Hey, I got an idea. Why don't you just paint the names of all the OC legal municipalities on a big piece of cardboard, have a bunch of OC'ers stand in front of a random brick building and take photos with the different names? All the photos will be equally exciting, and you'll save gas by not driving all over God's creation to take the SAME EXACT PHOTO in front a building with slightly different architecture. WOO HOO!

Are we forgetting the first one to join you on the Starbucks tour? Clayton? Yep. I see how you treat the first one to join you. Now I'm "part-time". Sorry. I probably shouldn't try to keep up with the "big-wigs" of the "movement". Don't want to get in you fulltimer's way UH! Must....call....doctor! Knife....wound......in.....back! Et tu....Brute?

You and your facey-bookie stuff...."Oooh! Look at me! I got the facebook! How about you Superlite? Why aren't you on facebook?"

Well, maybe us "part-timers" aren't really committed enough to do the facey-bookie like you pro's are. :D

REALteach4u

Feed back please BB! I've had one of Tim Gaunt's belts for some time now, but I'm looking at other options due to the thickness of Tim's belts.

sohighlyunlikely

AHEM!... The preferred nomenclature is "practical night-time combat attire". Underwear is so....pedestrian.

And "part-time" OC supporter? Hey, just because I don't feel like mugging for the camera or driving three blocks to have my picture taken for the umpteenth time in front of a municipal building doesn't mean I'm a "part-time" supporter.
Well, maybe us "part-timers" aren't really committed enough to do the facey-bookie like you pro's are. :D

Personally I appreciate all support to the Open Carry movement. Even if they may at times vary greatly in their levels of commitment.

Carry Safe and Carry Often
Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

You and your facey-bookie stuff...."Oooh! Look at me! I got the facebook! How about you Superlite? Why aren't you on facebook?"

In the interest of having fun I thought I would research it a bit and I have found that "Officer Underpants" is indeed not a name taken on Facebook so the option is indeed available if one wants to interject a sense of humor into the issues again.

WOW did android alter my message or what lol, I can not text like these other kids now days!

StevenSTL

I do need a favor from those here, is there anywhere local at all a guy can get a decent belt? I am likely to head to Leon's uniform later today to get one police type for the additional support of a sorta heavy firearm. I know a lot can be ordered online and I will be doing so but if you did not get it from above, I will be OC pretty much all hours I am not at work or in court, I have simply given up the begging for my rights back, the required submission to only one form of thought on a forum, I am the people and this government is "of" me! SO I would prefer something beyond the dress belt I have lol.

Thanks
Rich

I can't comment on any local belt, but I have a belt from The Belt Man. AMAZING quality. I've also heard great things about the Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch belt.