• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Kohl's

Beau

Update

I just spoke with Amy who is in charge of H.R. for my regional district. She has already spoken with Brian, the guy who asked me to leave, and she is now waiting to hear back from Kohl's legal department.

This is taking forever but at least I'm getting somewhere. I can't even count the number of emails I've sent and people I've talked to regarding this matter.

Lokster

Thanks for keeping us informed, Beau. I'm really curious about how this is going to turn out, but I've got to say that even if they end up allowing OC in that store I will not be shopping there anymore. The tax addendum on the bottom of the sales receipt made me laugh, shake my head in frustration and vow to stay away from The Gardens of Havana forever; it reads:

"THE GARDENS OF HAVANA ARE SUBJECT TO
A 8.1% TAX AND 0.5% PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT FEE
PIF IS A FEE - NOT A TAX
THE PIF IS ALSO SUBJECT TO TAX
TAX AND PIF ARE COMBINED ON YOUR RECEIPT"

Beau

I spoke with Amy again.
Her answer was a non answer. Kohl's does not prohibit carry in their stores. Nor do they allow it.

Apparently Kohl's policy is to take matters regarding firearms on a case by case basis. In my case two customers and a sales associate complained about my carrying a firearm. So the store decided I should leave.

When I asked if I could have this policy in writing I was told that would not be possible.

I asked to speak with someone higher. She told me she would have the regional manager call me. I have not heard anything further.

@Lokster. The one in Brighton is the same. All stores at Prairie Center charge the PIF.

ColoradoFlyer

Beau, thanks for the follow-up. I have not had any issues at the Kohl's here in Castle Rock. OC'd many times there, I guess the customers did not complain or raise any concern, but then again as I think about it I was buying one of those $200 drug makers... Thank god I don't drink coffee.. Took it back and got a full refund, still no complaints...

CalicoJack10

Kohl's Department Store is owned by Senator Herb Kohl D-Wisconsin.

He is notorious for bashing the 2A rights here in WI, and has been doing so for many years. As he is the head of the organization you can expect that all of his stores nation wide are "No Carry" even if they are not posted.

He is most definitely an elitist and I have no doubt that he will trample all over anyone who would have a firearm in one of his stores. He has helped sponsor legislation that would take away the rights of people here in WI, as well as helping to get the present GFSZ laws put into place. He has also worked very hard to make sure our ability to get CC in Wisconsin doesn't happen.

If you decide to carry into one of his stores, beware of what may come from it.

Gunslinger

Kohl's Department Store is owned by Senator Herb Kohl D-Wisconsin.

He is notorious for bashing the 2A rights here in WI, and has been doing so for many years. As he is the head of the organization you can expect that all of his stores nation wide are "No Carry" even if they are not posted.

He is most definitely an elitist and I have no doubt that he will trample all over anyone who would have a firearm in one of his stores. He has helped sponsor legislation that would take away the rights of people here in WI, as well as helping to get the present GFSZ laws put into place. He has also worked very hard to make sure our ability to get CC in Wisconsin doesn't happen.

If you decide to carry into one of his stores, beware of what may come from it.

They are a publicly traded company on the NYSE. Once owned by your pos senator, but no longer.

VW_Factor

Beau:

Kohl's is an Elitist Store that Caters to The Rich and The Wealthy.

I Trust that You would not to 'Scare' Those Persons while They make Their 'Choicer' Selections..., now would You?

aadvark

Kohl's is barely a step up from Ross dress for less.. Are you serious?