• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY LONG RIFLE OR PISTOL ON A SLING ACCROSS YOUR BACK in MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathtolltally

he spent 3 days here back in june 2010,
now hes here again, he will get tired soon and probably leave, maybe for 9 months.
maybe he will be back for the holidays, claiming to be new here,
and trolling the same question, can i carry an ak pistol?
bet he didnt have one back in june, doesnt have one now, and wont have one in december!

I do have an AK Pistol and I am new to these forums Jack. You guys are really rude. I would think that anyone could come on here and speak and ask questions without being harrassed. Thanks for nuthin and being the worlds biggest jacko.

stainless1911

Banned
Yes, it is an AK Pistol. I dont want to offend any of you OC'rs. Just want to know if its my right to carry it on a sling or if it had to be holstered. That is all. Thanks!!

It is your right to do so. We have the occasional troll here, and are always on guard. There is also the OCDO rule against LGOC, so we needed to know specifically what it was you were carrying. I wasn't offended, and I'm sorry that you were. At this time, LGOC, and carrying unconventional weapons OC isnt the best thing in our political climate. There is talk about banning OC, and legislation trying to restrict gun rights, some of it as a direct result of things that have gone on in the community over the past year, so as much as I have to choke on these words, people should watch what, where, and how they carry.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Remember that in Michigan, a pistol is defined as any firearm less than 30" in length. So what might be considered a "long gun" elsewhere would be a pistol here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ummm... Not trying to be rude or anything, but You might want to stop saying you are new and insulting people that say you are not new.

Your profile clearly states that you joined on "06-21-2010" and that you started a thread titled "Open Carry on Sling - Need Help" on the same date.:uhoh:

The OP further ignores the rules/policies and posts yesterday to another thread the exact same question.

"Question:what about OC of an AK Pistol or AR15 on a sling accross your back in MI? Is this legal or not? "
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rtical-Shoulder-Holster&p=1496888#post1496888

This in spite of he acknowledges getting an answer and even thanking the poster for it back in 2010.

"Thank you for making all the sense in the world. I wanted facts and some kind opinion just as you state my right is MY RIGHT and nobody elses. Thanks again!!!"
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...arry-on-Sling-Need-Help&p=1292973#post1292973

If the OP is not a troll, he is slow to grasp the concept. Flag thrown.

Nothing new here.

coderdude

I OC everyday, but I will never understand need to OC a rifle except during hunting season. I know this is a beaten up topic, but for my 2 cents...The whole point of carrying a weapon is self-defense. Therefore your defensive weapon should stop someone that is a threat to you. I will never see the need to defend against someone at 100 yards or more. Therefore, the only reason to OC a rifle is for attention and to strut your rights. I am not that person and would also be one of the ones closely watching anyone walking into a restaurant with a rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.