Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Open Carry Lunch 4/2

Monthly Open Carry Lunch 4/2

12:30 pm, Saturday, April 2, 2011
    Black Bear Diner
    6180 W. Tropicana ave.
    Las Vegas, NV 89103

Situated in the Smith's shopping center at the N.W. corner of Trop & Jones. Please RSVP on this thread so I can call ahead and ask for them to set aside an appropriate amount of space for us.
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 03-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    12:30 pm, Saturday, April 2, 2011
    Black Bear Diner
    6180 W. Tropicana ave.
    Las Vegas, NV 89103

Situated in the Smith's shopping center at the N.W. corner of Trop & Jones. Please RSVP on this thread so I can call ahead and ask for them to set aside an appropriate amount of space for us.
    I'll be there.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Count me in!

So, as is, there will be no need to call to reserve more space, but if more than 6 or eight want to show, I'll need to know sooner rather than later... if you intend to show for this open carry lunch please let me know ASAP.
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 03-31-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Reminder, Open carry lunch is today.

Just the three of us?

The wife and I just figured out we could make it before work. So 2 more!

I will be there at about 12 or so, I drive a Black Nissan Cube, we can gather in the parking lot and when everyone is together we'll go in and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    I will be there at about 12 or so, I drive a Black Nissan Cube, we can gather in the parking lot and when everyone is together we'll go in and eat.
    We r leaving house now u guys head in and we will find u.

Great turn out, 9 people attended. The Black Bear's staff was great. Some of the customers were a bit surprised; one guy couldn't take his eyes off Tread's piece the whole time he ate. But hey perhaps some of them who saw us will go buy a holster and be a little more inclined to Open Carry the firearm that has sat in their night stand for years.

Anyone want to volunteer to arrange the next lunch meet-up? Just remember that it's typically the first Saturday of the month, which puts the next lunch meet-up on May 7th.

Lunch was fun, I think BJs sounded like a good idea. They have really good food there and its right off the 215 so its easy to get to.
    Last edited by DoubleAgentMan; 04-02-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Long time no see!

I should be off on the first Saturday in May. Keep me posted. I would like to go.

GoDSpeeD

Possible location for next month.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I am good friends with a guy who owns a sushi restaurant. Not sure how everyone else feels about sushi but it is really good food there. They also have an amazing pork cutlet and chicken teriyaki. If this sounds good to everyone let me know and I can get him to hold some tables for us.

Supporting friendly buisnesses is a good idea, but finding a buisness who we are not sure of and showing them open carry is ok makes a good impact. If its not ok we can add them to our no go list and hit their wallet is better.

GoDSpeeD

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAgentMan View Post
    I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I am good friends with a guy who owns a sushi restaurant. Not sure how everyone else feels about sushi but it is really good food there. They also have an amazing pork cutlet and chicken teriyaki. If this sounds good to everyone let me know and I can get him to hold some tables for us.
    +1 Funny I was going to add sushi to our list. I was going to suggest sushi loco. The wife and I carry all the time and eat there. Real nice folks.

I OC every time I go there, been going for 3 years and he is always happy to see me.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAgentMan View Post
    Eww. Looks like I'm going to pass on this one. I don't like Asian food.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    Eww. Looks like I'm going to pass on this one. I don't like Asian food.
    It was just a idea Sab. Lets look for a place we can all dig. I am going to check on BJs but does anyone know a good soul food or rib joint?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    It was just a idea Sab. Lets look for a place we can all dig. I am going to check on BJs but does anyone know a good soul food or rib joint?
    About the only place I can think of like that, is Famous Dave's or Memphis BBQ.

But if you do get a pretty big response for Sushi. Don't let me stop you guys.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

There is a small place called Hog Heaven off 215/durango that has great pulled pork. Its a small place with a small selection but very good. I OC'd there a few time with no issue, but don't really know the staff all that well. Famous Dave's has awesome brisket so I am down for that one.

I am not the sushi typ either but I do not mind just showing up and drinking a beverage.... I like famouse daves etc. I also like the idea of trying new (local) places It is much harder for a proprietor to turn away 1 dozen hungry people than 1-2

I say we try to avoid large chain eateries. I know there are other Black bear Diners and it's technically a "franchise," but not on a large scale. This is our way of rewarding small businesses with our business and our dollars when they support our rights. This is not to say that large franchises don't support our rights, but supporting our local mom and pops have other benefits as well. Competition may force a business like BWW to look more closely at their policy that might have cost them a group of 10 or so people from spending their coin in their business.

A little higher on the price side. But our favorite steakhouse is the Ranch House. Out in the middle of nowhere on the NW side. Very old school. Family owned.

Less than a week away. Somebody needs to figure out where we're going to eat and start a thread.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Lets do Black Bear again, they had good food and its fairly central.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast