• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monthly Open Carry Lunch 4/2

Nevada carrier

12:30 pm, Saturday, April 2, 2011
Black Bear Diner
6180 W. Tropicana ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89103

Situated in the Smith's shopping center at the N.W. corner of Trop & Jones. Please RSVP on this thread so I can call ahead and ask for them to set aside an appropriate amount of space for us.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

So, as is, there will be no need to call to reserve more space, but if more than 6 or eight want to show, I'll need to know sooner rather than later... if you intend to show for this open carry lunch please let me know ASAP.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

Great turn out, 9 people attended. The Black Bear's staff was great. Some of the customers were a bit surprised; one guy couldn't take his eyes off Tread's piece the whole time he ate. But hey perhaps some of them who saw us will go buy a holster and be a little more inclined to Open Carry the firearm that has sat in their night stand for years.

Anyone want to volunteer to arrange the next lunch meet-up? Just remember that it's typically the first Saturday of the month, which puts the next lunch meet-up on May 7th.

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
Lunch was fun, I think BJs sounded like a good idea. They have really good food there and its right off the 215 so its easy to get to.

Last edited:

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
Possible location for next month.

I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I am good friends with a guy who owns a sushi restaurant. Not sure how everyone else feels about sushi but it is really good food there. They also have an amazing pork cutlet and chicken teriyaki. If this sounds good to everyone let me know and I can get him to hold some tables for us.

GoDSpeeD

Supporting friendly buisnesses is a good idea, but finding a buisness who we are not sure of and showing them open carry is ok makes a good impact. If its not ok we can add them to our no go list and hit their wallet is better.

GoDSpeeD

Vegassteve

I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but I am good friends with a guy who owns a sushi restaurant. Not sure how everyone else feels about sushi but it is really good food there. They also have an amazing pork cutlet and chicken teriyaki. If this sounds good to everyone let me know and I can get him to hold some tables for us.

+1 Funny I was going to add sushi to our list. I was going to suggest sushi loco. The wife and I carry all the time and eat there. Real nice folks.

Sabotage70

Eww. Looks like I'm going to pass on this one. I don't like Asian food.

Sabotage70

It was just a idea Sab. Lets look for a place we can all dig. I am going to check on BJs but does anyone know a good soul food or rib joint?

About the only place I can think of like that, is Famous Dave's or Memphis BBQ.

But if you do get a pretty big response for Sushi. Don't let me stop you guys.

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
There is a small place called Hog Heaven off 215/durango that has great pulled pork. Its a small place with a small selection but very good. I OC'd there a few time with no issue, but don't really know the staff all that well. Famous Dave's has awesome brisket so I am down for that one.