• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus 24/7 OSS holster options

Pyro01

Ok, so I've been looking around at concealed hosters for my gun for quite a while now and still can't decide. I have a Taurus 24/7 OSS in 45 ACP, 5.25" long barrel. What I've narrowed it down to is Minotaur nuetral cant holster, a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe, or I'm even considering a Cell Pal Holster. A concealment Blackhawk Serpa OWB comes in last. Here are some of my reasons for considering each one:

--Out of Running, called them up and it won't fit--Comp-Tac Minotaur Neutral Cant Holster Choice #1:
Pros- Comfortable, adjustable neutral cant, good weapon retention, can be carried from 2-5 o'clock positions, body can be swapped out for other guns, production time 2 Business Days to make, can be used for open carry
Cons- Belt clips are kydex, may not stay in place due to 60% smooth leather on back, retention may wear out after using this holster for extended period of time due to leather molding to gun.

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe Choice #2:
Pros- Comfortable, stays in place when drawing, metal belt clips, adjustable cant and ride depth, can be used for open carry
Cons- Worn at 4-5 o'clock position, neutral cant is not available, 4 weeks to produce

Cell Pal Holster Choice #3:
Pros- Holds my iPhone, Easy Access, Quick Draw, Comfortable, No Printing, Worn at 11-2 o'clock position
Cons- Unorthodox? Reholstering a little difficult, can't be used for open carry

Blackhawk Serpa CQC Choice #4:
Pros- Level 2 Retention, quick to draw and reholster, Belt Loop, paddle, or multifunctional belt loop
Cons- Not real concealable, comfort level unknown

As you can see, I've considered lot of options, but I think I'd go with the Comp-Tac if I could find some metal belt clips for it. The Cell-pal looks like something I'd purchase seperately just to have the option for carrying a different way. As for open carry holsters, Blackhawk Serpa holsters are out of the question because they have nothing that fits, Safariland has holsters for the 24/7, but not the 5.25" barrel on the OSS. I'll update this post once I start looking at holsters for open carry for my Taurus 24/7 OSS.

--UPDATE--

I got myself a Blackhawk Serpa CQC for my open carry holster since it was the only one I could be sure it'd fit. I also found it on MidwayUSA, so I didn't break the bank. Cost me about $37. I'm still trying to decide between my first three choices for a concealment holster.

Last edited:

JoeGlock40

i got a Supertuck for my glock 22 and works and feels great prob not great for OC since theres no retention and i know alota people say" im not gona let anyone get close enough to me in the first place sp i dont need retention" but if the SHTF and its a physical fight first then u gota protect that gun even more..i also have a SerpaII for the glock and i really like that its pretty comfortable and stays in pretty close..and if you want to conceal in the winter a jacket will hide it pretty good..my duty holster for awhile was the duty serpaII and everyone in my shift loved it, the only reason we changed to a Safariland like what most LEOs have is cuz we got Tac lites and most people were upset when we had to swap out...if i were you id go BLACKHAWK!
but for CC id go supertuck...i love that holster, it is adjustable so it makes it easier to make a big gun conceal on different size people and its the best on comfort..another company came out with a Supertuck clone called the Kingtuk and it doesnt take as long to get delivered

Last edited:

Wolf1477

I use a carbon Blackhawk Serpa for my 1911. Very comfortable, the paddle is big enough the weapon doesn't jostle around when moving around and also won't pinch (hurts like the dickens when the skin on the side of the hip is pinched). It's also not that hard to conceal, and since we're in WI it's not that big of a deal...yet. A denim shirt, untucked, covers a 5" frame quite easily. The retention is very good, nice solid *click* when it's holstered and as for the hook on the paddle, let's just say it's easier to remove your pants than it is to unhook the holster from them.

I don't have any personal experience with the Crossbreed, but, I've heard very promising things about it. Functional, comfortable, and apparently last forever.

[OT]Have you picked your 24/7 up yet? I'm dying to hear a range review. I'm looking at getting an OSS myself soon.[/OT]

Edit: d'oh! I didn't see your update to the thread.

Last edited:

Pyro01

I'm finally getting it this afternoon after a week and a half of really stupid delays, I got about 100 rounds already bought, and once I get paid I'll go out and get more. So I did get the Serpa Blackhawk CQC, and it's one that should actually fit my Taurus 24/7 OSS, and I'm still considering a Crossbreed. I'll have to check out that Kingtuk, but I'll be sure to give a range report. I got guys over on the gunandgame forum waiting for one as well. I did find another holster, but I'm not sure whether or not it will fit the barrel on the OSS at:

http://www.theholsterstore.net/product-info.php?Pro_Carry_Xtreme_Duty_Glock_26_27_33-pid2271.html

Lavon

Of the items you listed, I think you made a wise and informed decision with the Blackhawk.

I'm considering one myself (as I carry the same 24/7 OSS in .45). I haven't tried any IMB holsters yet. I just don't know if I would be comfortable CC this handgun "inside". I like a close-to-the-body OWB as I usually wear shirts untucked. (fyi...I'm 5'10" 195lbs)

I currently CC and OC with a Fobus SP11 with FBI cant that a friend gave me. I'm assuming, by info I've read, that it's pretty similar in feel to the BlackHawk SERPA. It rides close to the body with the paddle resting at 3 o'clock. Once I adjusted the tension screw I've had no problems...and the FBI cant is perfect for me.