• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the site, been reading for a while though. Questions about Durham

Hillbillyboy

I live in Durham (right by the orange line, my house is in durham county by a few hundred yards :( ) am 18 and wish to begin to purchase/open carry. I understand the whole no buying from dealers, only private parties law. I am just curious as to what the difference in durham county is because I have heard some things about there being different laws there.

kcGlock19

You can get a Pistol Purchase Permit. Sheriff might say no at first though like they did for me. Call the AG office and have them call the sheriff if they say no.

Last edited:

elixin77

It more than likely will be an uphill battle for you, simply because your 18, and most sheriffs think that you have to be 21. Check out the other posts about this issue, and bring all the documentation you can find (highlight pertinent areas), and have the AG office on speed dial.

Good luck