Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: And people in Vancouver wonder why I carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member spikeXD45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    19

    And people in Vancouver wonder why I carry

    http://www.kptv.com/news/27235543/detail.html

    This happened about a week ago in the same parking lot I got ticketed by VPD for open carry. Matthew Quinlan does and interview in the video. He is the guy who got scared and called the leos for yous that where there.
    "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick; You Will Go Far" Theodore Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,610
    Wonder if their attitude on the need for self-defense ability has changed now or not.

    Bet they will at least develop more awareness regarding new customers.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Winlock, , USA
    Posts
    501
    well, you know what they say about karma....

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Olympia
    Posts
    539
    With all due respect, what were you going to do about it other than get wrapped up in a big legal issue? I mean with a ticket already on the books could it not be misconstrued that you are just a vigilante? BTW...why did you get ticketed..what was thier justification?

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeXD45 View Post
    http://www.kptv.com/news/27235543/detail.html

    This happened about a week ago in the same parking lot I got ticketed by VPD for open carry. Matthew Quinlan does and interview in the video. He is the guy who got scared and called the leos for yous that where there.
    I saw this story a few days ago and thought of you Kurk as I read the Columbian nearly everyday. As I stated back during your ticket, the Bagley Downs area is a rough part of town.

    Glad to see you are following the forum. And I hope you can attend a Vancouver picnic this year. Funny thing is I was cleaning up my desk and came across your business card on Sunday.

    nick
    Live Free or Die!

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Glad you are not only following the forum but posting.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Speaking of which, are you still in process, or has it been resolved, or decided. What was the outcome?
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  8. #8
    Regular Member spikeXD45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    19
    I still have about $250 to pay to be in compliance with the, deal. Sorry it is still a little hard to swallow. Oh and of course i have to turn in a years worth of i didn't get in any trouble vouchers. After all that is completed the City of Vancouver will return my weapon sometime in October. But do not fret for there was a silver lining to this sad and tragic cloud,Thanks to The Grant County Sheriffs Office and the Oregon Firearm Federation i have an Oregon CHL. Anyway come October Ill be back at English Pit or on larch mountain putting .45cal holes in paper targets, till then 9mm will have to work.lol
    "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick; You Will Go Far" Theodore Roosevelt

  9. #9
    Regular Member NavyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastside, Washington, USA
    Posts
    196

    Use of out of state permit?

    Quote Originally Posted by spikeXD45 View Post
    But do not fret for there was a silver lining to this sad and tragic cloud,Thanks to The Grant County Sheriffs Office and the Oregon Firearm Federation i have an Oregon CHL.
    Are you inferring that as a WA resident you are using an Oregon CHL to conceal carry in WA state?

    If so, you are breaking WA State law. As a resident of WA you can only conceal with a WA CPL. See below from the WA Attorney General's website:

    Washington statute*RCW 9.41.073(1) (b)*requires that once a person becomes a resident of Washington he or she needs to get a Washington concealed pistol license to continue carrying a concealed weapon.

    If you are not inferring the above, then I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyMike View Post
    Are you inferring that as a WA resident you are using an Oregon CHL to conceal carry in WA state?

    If so, you are breaking WA State law. As a resident of WA you can only conceal with a WA CPL. See below from the WA Attorney General's website:

    Washington statute*RCW 9.41.073(1) (b)*requires that once a person becomes a resident of Washington he or she needs to get a Washington concealed pistol license to continue carrying a concealed weapon.

    If you are not inferring the above, then I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.
    He didn't infer that, he lives in Vancouver, WA and frequently goes to Oregon.
    Live Free or Die!

  11. #11
    Regular Member jt59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central South Sound
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I saw this story a few days ago and thought of you Kurk as I read the Columbian nearly everyday. As I stated back during your ticket, the Bagley Downs area is a rough part of town.

    Glad to see you are following the forum. And I hope you can attend a Vancouver picnic this year. Funny thing is I was cleaning up my desk and came across your business card on Sunday.

    nick
    Has a date for the Vancouver pic-nic been decided? I also seem to remember that the VCPD Chief, invited an educational session or two to be held for its officers regarding OC...did we ever get a chance to accomplish that?
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

  12. #12
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeXD45 View Post
    I still have about $250 to pay to be in compliance with the, deal. Sorry it is still a little hard to swallow. Oh and of course i have to turn in a years worth of i didn't get in any trouble vouchers. After all that is completed the City of Vancouver will return my weapon sometime in October. But do not fret for there was a silver lining to this sad and tragic cloud,Thanks to The Grant County Sheriffs Office and the Oregon Firearm Federation i have an Oregon CHL. Anyway come October Ill be back at English Pit or on larch mountain putting .45cal holes in paper targets, till then 9mm will have to work.lol
    It is really a shame with the laws we have set in place, that they were able to bend you over and make you pay for "not breaking the law". I find it disgraceful that they could do this and there is no recourse for you to be able to get this reversed and make them follow the laws provided. It's amazing that common citizens not breaking the law can be ticketed and fined. This is the one thing that always sits in the back of my mind as I open carry, I have not had a negative experiencce but am always fearful of running into the officer who will use his power to enforce his personal opinion, while showing his ignorance of the law.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •