• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And people in Vancouver wonder why I carry

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wonder if their attitude on the need for self-defense ability has changed now or not.

Bet they will at least develop more awareness regarding new customers. :D

Lovenox

With all due respect, what were you going to do about it other than get wrapped up in a big legal issue? I mean with a ticket already on the books could it not be misconstrued that you are just a vigilante? BTW...why did you get ticketed..what was thier justification?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
http://www.kptv.com/news/27235543/detail.html

This happened about a week ago in the same parking lot I got ticketed by VPD for open carry. Matthew Quinlan does and interview in the video. He is the guy who got scared and called the leos for yous that where there.

I saw this story a few days ago and thought of you Kurk as I read the Columbian nearly everyday. As I stated back during your ticket, the Bagley Downs area is a rough part of town.

Glad to see you are following the forum. And I hope you can attend a Vancouver picnic this year. Funny thing is I was cleaning up my desk and came across your business card on Sunday.

nick

spikeXD45

I still have about $250 to pay to be in compliance with the, deal. Sorry it is still a little hard to swallow. Oh and of course i have to turn in a years worth of i didn't get in any trouble vouchers. After all that is completed the City of Vancouver will return my weapon sometime in October. But do not fret for there was a silver lining to this sad and tragic cloud,Thanks to The Grant County Sheriffs Office and the Oregon Firearm Federation i have an Oregon CHL. Anyway come October Ill be back at English Pit or on larch mountain putting .45cal holes in paper targets, till then 9mm will have to work.lol

NavyMike

Use of out of state permit?

But do not fret for there was a silver lining to this sad and tragic cloud,Thanks to The Grant County Sheriffs Office and the Oregon Firearm Federation i have an Oregon CHL.

Are you inferring that as a WA resident you are using an Oregon CHL to conceal carry in WA state?

If so, you are breaking WA State law. As a resident of WA you can only conceal with a WA CPL. See below from the WA Attorney General's website:

Washington statute*RCW 9.41.073(1) (b)*requires that once a person becomes a resident of Washington he or she needs to get a Washington concealed pistol license to continue carrying a concealed weapon.

If you are not inferring the above, then I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Are you inferring that as a WA resident you are using an Oregon CHL to conceal carry in WA state?

If so, you are breaking WA State law. As a resident of WA you can only conceal with a WA CPL. See below from the WA Attorney General's website:

Washington statute*RCW 9.41.073(1) (b)*requires that once a person becomes a resident of Washington he or she needs to get a Washington concealed pistol license to continue carrying a concealed weapon.

If you are not inferring the above, then I apologize for the misunderstanding on my part.

He didn't infer that, he lives in Vancouver, WA and frequently goes to Oregon.

jt59

I saw this story a few days ago and thought of you Kurk as I read the Columbian nearly everyday. As I stated back during your ticket, the Bagley Downs area is a rough part of town.

Glad to see you are following the forum. And I hope you can attend a Vancouver picnic this year. Funny thing is I was cleaning up my desk and came across your business card on Sunday.

nick

Has a date for the Vancouver pic-nic been decided? I also seem to remember that the VCPD Chief, invited an educational session or two to be held for its officers regarding OC...did we ever get a chance to accomplish that?

amzbrady

I still have about $250 to pay to be in compliance with the, deal. Sorry it is still a little hard to swallow. Oh and of course i have to turn in a years worth of i didn't get in any trouble vouchers. After all that is completed the City of Vancouver will return my weapon sometime in October. But do not fret for there was a silver lining to this sad and tragic cloud,Thanks to The Grant County Sheriffs Office and the Oregon Firearm Federation i have an Oregon CHL. Anyway come October Ill be back at English Pit or on larch mountain putting .45cal holes in paper targets, till then 9mm will have to work.lol
It is really a shame with the laws we have set in place, that they were able to bend you over and make you pay for "not breaking the law". I find it disgraceful that they could do this and there is no recourse for you to be able to get this reversed and make them follow the laws provided. It's amazing that common citizens not breaking the law can be ticketed and fined. This is the one thing that always sits in the back of my mind as I open carry, I have not had a negative experiencce but am always fearful of running into the officer who will use his power to enforce his personal opinion, while showing his ignorance of the law.