• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 113 (Infomation and Updates)

robin.kevin

HB 113 CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY BILL
Many of you may or may not be aware of HB 113 Constitutional Carry Bill.
Older thread had drifted off topic. Found here:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?86682-Concealed-Carry-In-Kentucky-Without-A-License

Please call and/or email the Kentucky Legislature (specifically, the members of the House Judiciary Committee), and urge them to support HB 113, which would allow anyone able to carry a weapon openly to carry one concealed without a permit.

They all had addresses I was able to copy & paste into an email, except for the following, GREGORY, OWENS, CRENSHAW, STAN LEE, NEMES, RUDY, which require you to fill out a form on the Legislature website and contact them in that manner:

John.Tilley@lrc.ky.gov, Joe.Fischer@lrc.ky.gov, Brent.Yonts@lrc.ky.gov, Johnny.Bell@lrc.ky.gov, Kelly.Flood@lrc.ky.gov, Jeff.Hoover@lrc.ky.gov, Joni.Jenkins@lrc.ky.gov, Thomas.Kerr@lrc.ky.gov, MaryLou.Marzian@lrc.ky.gov, Tom.Riner@lrc.ky.gov

Copy and paste the email into your email program. Send one email, addressed to all of them telling them to support HB 113. Put "support HB 113" in the subject line so they know what it's about even if they don't read it all.

The six without emails can be found here:
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/house/hsemembers.htm

Call the Legislative Message line in Frankfort: 1-800-372-7181

Leave a message for the members of the House Judiciary Committee to SUPPORT the Second Amendment by SUPPORTING HB 113.

If our voice is loud enough, we can make Kentucky a "Constitutional Carry" state!

LASTLY, IF ANYONE HAD UPDATES ON HB 113 PLEASE POST HERE

langzaiguy

I think legislative session is already over. Nevertheless, they still need to know what we, as constituents, want. Instead of voicing support for "HB 113", instead voice support for the contents of the bill, as this bill (I believe), has died.

robin.kevin

EDIT:

Sorry about this thread. I should check on it before posting. I was told the bill did in fact die by Mike Harmon's office. However I was told it Died on Jan 4th yet I thought it was filed on Feb 10th... anyhow it did however die... How long till Constitutional Carry will be back up for consideration?

Last edited: