Thread: Open Carry in State Parks?

Open Carry in State Parks?

I wanted to know what the ARS says about OC in State Parks such as South Mountain.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just carry the gun 'n don't sweat it. This ain't New Jersey. There might be a problem in an 'improved area' if the Ranger's a dick, but out in the wilds you'll most likely not encounter any. I never have.

Thanks
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Just carry the gun 'n don't sweat it. This ain't New Jersey. There might be a problem in an 'improved area' if the Ranger's a dick, but out in the wilds you'll most likely not encounter any. I never have.
    The 'improved areas' exception went the way of the dodo bird with the last batch of pro-2a legislation that passed. Carry of any type in any part of a state (or city, or county, etc.) park is 100% legal and can NOT be restricted in any way. No more permit requirements, no more 'improved' areas, no more 'less than 1 square mile', etc.

South Mountain, for the record, is a City of Phoenix park. I've been battling them for a while and just recently was informed that new signage is 'forthcoming' in city parks. Be sure to keep an eye on the signs and if you see any restrictions, I'd share that here, with the AZCDL, and with the Phoenix parks/rec department. (Based on size, that park has NEVER legally been able to restrict firearms, but that hasn't stopped the City of Phoenix with other parks, such as Reach 11.) Of course, seeing said signs means nothing, legally speaking, so carry away =)
    Last edited by Thoreau; 03-30-2011 at 02:36 PM.

In Wisconsin it is illegal to carry in any state park....

Outdoorsman1

Yeah, I looked on the City of Phoenix, South Mountain website and in the Park Regulations, the section labeled "Sec. 24-45. - Reserved." now says

"Editor's note— Ord. No. G-5532, 2, adopted August 31, 2010, effective September 30, 2010, repealed 24-45 in its entirety. Formerly, said section pertained to limitations on firearms possession in parks; exceptions; classification; definition and derived from Ord. No. G-4320, 2, passed 1-10-2001, eff. 1-10-2001; Ord. No. G-5220, 1, adopted 8-27-2008, eff. 9-26-2008. The user's attentio is directed to 24-44 for similar provisions. "
    Last edited by Grimes; 03-30-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    In Wisconsin it is illegal to carry in any state park....

Outdoorsman1
    Given recent events, it should be illegal to live in Wisconson.