• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to the Forum

NG19

Hello, I am new to the group. I have talked to J XD and this group seems like a good one to join. I have been following the forums of this group for some time now and have decided to join to learn as much as I can about Open Carry and all laws concerning myself and guns. I have had an interest in open carrying for a long time and have been doing so for about 8 or so months with only a few confrontations which I sought as a teaching experience. I hope to join in the discussions and learn from all who are willing to inform me. I work here in Warrensburg and have dealt with some of the businesses who are not as informed of the local laws. I always keep a set of the local laws in my wallet for just that purpose. I will answer any posts or commits that are asked.

REALteach4u

+1 and welcome! You'll find a wealth of information and misinformation on every forum, that's just the way things are. So strap on your light-saber, tie up your cloak, and start your ponytail padawan, you'll learn a lot here.

So far, I've referred folks with OC questions directly here, especially when it comes to the number of Missouri laws that are on the books for carry, there were a few little statutes that have surprised folks on the subject of OC and thanks to Doc they're all in one big thread. There are folks on this forum that have a lot of Missouri statutes tabbed for reference as well as previous threads with a lot of VERY valuable information. Opencarry.org has yet to let me down on information. The rule with members seems to be: if I don't know I'll try to find it...or someone else will chime in with it before I get to.

Don't discount the "argument", also known as the conversation, in any of the threads. If you don't learn something from this particular site then I'd say you just haven't had a chance to read enough or get engaged enough to do so.

afcarry

+1 for the Warrensburg Crowd. We are growing still. Great to have you on board, we try to assemble meetings around here every so often just to have something a little more local. See you there.

NG19

Sounds Great, Thank You all. I can't wait to spend as much time as possible on here so I can learn as much as I can. For all who have an IPHONE or Android look up the APP "LEGAL HEAT", it is an app that shows which cities in the state do not allow Open Carry. It also has the Statutes in all States for Open Carry and Concealed Carry.

John563

NG19
Welcome to the forum. The next big meeting will be April 9th at 4PM see MOOC site for location. Bring your wife she is more than welcome, We have wife's in our group also. The goal of these get together is to meet others who like to OC, have some good food and good talk and you can get a lot of your question answered at these meets. Hope to see you there. I will be setting up other meets in our area keep an eye on the forum for time and locations. you’re not alone.

StevenSTL

Sounds Great, Thank You all. I can't wait to spend as much time as possible on here so I can learn as much as I can. For all who have an IPHONE or Android look up the APP "LEGAL HEAT", it is an app that shows which cities in the state do not allow Open Carry. It also has the Statutes in all States for Open Carry and Concealed Carry.

Don't rely on a phone app for your legal advice. Laws change and sometimes the creator of the app doesn't update it immediately.

NG19

I do not rely on the app, I just think that it is a good app to have on hand just in case. The creators of the app allow you to input information to keep it up to date. Even though every city or even state may not have an app holder in that area. It is a good reference source. You can access the state statutes from the app so if it is not up to date you can look at the states and city's statutes.