• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olive Garden is Pro-OC!!

DooFster

I contacted Olive Garden regarding their policy on weapons (since the wife and I are going there on our anniversary) and this is what I received from Olive Garden's Public Relations Coordinator:

"Dear Tim:

Thank you for your inquiry concerning Olive Garden's position on firearms. We respect and appreciate your perspective and motivation to contact us.

Olive Garden’s focus is to provide all of our guests with a genuine Italian dining experience. The general policy regarding firearms in our restaurants is to follow the state law. In fact, when state law provides an "opt out" clause, Olive Garden elects to comply with the law as it is written. We do not opt out. If you have any questions about specific states, you may reply to this email or speak with the general manager of your local Olive Garden restaurant.

Mark
Olive Garden Guest Relations"

Loneviking

That's an interesting new twist. Olive Garden and its parent company have been anti carry for years. The folks at VCDL have had a lot of problems over the years with various company owned resturants. Doofster, if I pm you my email addy, would you forward me a copy of the email?

Army

".... We respect and appreciate your perspective and motivation to contact us.

Olive Garden’s focus is to provide all of our guests with a genuine Italian dining experience. The general policy regarding firearms in our restaurants is to follow the state law. "

Reading that, had Marlon Brando's voice echoing in my head :D

DooFster

That's an interesting new twist. Olive Garden and its parent company have been anti carry for years. The folks at VCDL have had a lot of problems over the years with various company owned resturants. Doofster, if I pm you my email addy, would you forward me a copy of the email?

Sure! PM it to me...

Iopencarry

Joe, all carry laws are different in every state. In AZ you get to carry loaded. In CA most of us have to UOC. But we do not have any law that says no place the serves alcohol.

There was a case last year where a known drunk walked up to a couple Leo's, while UOC, and says hi. All they could do was to get him on a drunk in public charge.

While we try to instill responsibility in those that Open Carry, we also must inform them of the laws.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I contacted Olive Garden regarding their policy on weapons (since the wife and I are going there on our anniversary) and this is what I received from Olive Garden's Public Relations Coordinator:

"Dear Tim:

Thank you for your inquiry concerning Olive Garden's position on firearms. We respect and appreciate your perspective and motivation to contact us.

Olive Garden’s focus is to provide all of our guests with a genuine Italian dining experience. The general policy regarding firearms in our restaurants is to follow the state law. In fact, when state law provides an "opt out" clause, Olive Garden elects to comply with the law as it is written. We do not opt out. If you have any questions about specific states, you may reply to this email or speak with the general manager of your local Olive Garden restaurant.

Mark

Please provide Mark's full name and any/all contact information (hopefully direct phone #) by PM to me.

Purpose being to request a letter from him, which would be on letterhead, for the benefit of Virginia VCDL and OCDO members. A copy of the email you received will not have the same weight as such a letter - anyone can generate an email - we look for confirmation in such instances. This is not to doubt you, but rather to substantuate for the membership the authenticity of the information as I cross posted to the Va. forum on this subject.

One contact from a Virginian would be more considerate and productive IMO than a flood of questions to get the specific information as it applies locally.

I look forward to your PM.

Outdoorsman1

in az at least you cant OC a olive garden since they serve alcohol, is that different in other states?

In Wisconsin we only have OC and you can carry in a place the serves alcohol with permission from the owner, upper management, or who's name is on the liquor liscence...

I would also like the full name and contact number to carry with me when I go to Olive Garden to check this out. I will wait a few days before I go.. if I do not geta PM with info, I will go anyway...

Thanks...

Outdoorsman1

rpyne

I have OCd in Olive Garden here in Utah on several occasions with no incident. This includes just a few days after there was a negligent discharge that wounded a chair at the local Olive Garden I frequent. A few times I have even had pleasant conversations about firearms and open carry with Olive Garden employees.

DooFster

This is what I sent back to Mark when Grape needed contact info:

"Hi Mark!

First of all let me say THANK YOU for your reply! It is appreciated a lot! I just have a couple more questions for you:

1. Is there a way in which I can get YOUR business-mail address so I can do a follow-up?

2. I am part of a legal movement known as "Open Carry" and we promote the legal open-carrying of a holster and handgun (http://www.opencarry.org)...If at all possible, could we please get a copy, of the reply sent to me a few days ago, sent to me on your official business letterhead and also containing your signature in the letter?

These requests will aid any and all of us in the event such questions come up regarding the legality of carrying firearms in your restaurants.

If you could be so kind as to get back to me on this, I'd greatly appreciate it! Included is my telephone number in case any questions arise: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Thank you and have a great day!!

Tim"

I then received this from Mark over at Olive Garden Public Relations:

"Dear Tim:

Our mailing address is:

Olive Garden
PO Box 695017
Orlando, Florida 32869

I believe your second request is covered in my initial response and that should suffice as a confirmation of our policy.

Thank you,

Mark

Outdoorsman1

So what does this mean... It looks like they are OC friendly but not willing to confirm with an "official" letter on compnay letterhead and Mark's last name...???

Would you be willing to forward the e-mails to me so I can print them to take with me to my local Olive Garden. Normally, I would not want (need) this info but as WI is a permission required state (to carry where alcohol is served) I will need to "ask" the managenet for their permission. I will also have copies of the WI statutes regarding open carry being leagal and the "ask permission" statute. I am thinking, hard copies of Mikes E-mails would go a long way in my request.

If you can forward the e-mails PM me for my e-mail address....

Or if possible, maybe you could scan them into your computer and post them here for all to copy if they so desire..??

Thanks

Outdoorsman1

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is what I sent back to Mark when Grape needed contact info:

"Hi Mark!

First of all let me say THANK YOU for your reply! It is appreciated a lot! I just have a couple more questions for you:

1. Is there a way in which I can get YOUR business-mail address so I can do a follow-up?

2. I am part of a legal movement known as "Open Carry" and we promote the legal open-carrying of a holster and handgun (http://www.opencarry.org)...If at all possible, could we please get a copy, of the reply sent to me a few days ago, sent to me on your official business letterhead and also containing your signature in the letter?

These requests will aid any and all of us in the event such questions come up regarding the legality of carrying firearms in your restaurants.

If you could be so kind as to get back to me on this, I'd greatly appreciate it! Included is my telephone number in case any questions arise: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Thank you and have a great day!!

Tim"

I then received this from Mark over at Olive Garden Public Relations:

"Dear Tim:

Our mailing address is:

Olive Garden
PO Box 695017
Orlando, Florida 32869

I believe your second request is covered in my initial response and that should suffice as a confirmation of our policy.

Thank you,

Mark

Unfortunately, this is a classic case of avoiding the question and of not standing firmly behind their "general" policy.

Oh well, 'till next time, business as usual.

Outdoorsman1

Here you go! Ask and ye shall receive! :) I had to edit it a little bit so that way nobody sees what my work email is and/or the way I contacted him...other than that, there's nothing omitted except for personal information...

View attachment 5637

Thanks, I was hoping for more specific contact info for Mark...last name, e-mail address, etc... but this is better than nothing..
At least we have the "Olive Garden Reply # 2102622" for the managers at local Olive Garden's to reference...

I will print a hard copy for when I give this a shot....Plans today, will try for tomorrow...I will report back here...

Outdoorsman1