• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question from Texas

Steve.b

I just found out that GA has an OC law...that is awesome! I hope it passes here in Texas. Anyway, my question is this: I will be traveling through GA and wanted to know if my Texas CHL will allow me to OC also? I know I can CC but was not sure about the OC.
Also, one other question....what are some of your feelings on OC?
Have you found people to be "stand offish" or scared of you? What have you found to be any pros and cons?
I LOVE my right to bear arms! I'm somewhat jealous of you guys in GA! :)
This is my first post....thanks for your help!

Kingfish

GA law (that you will be following while visiting) allows OC and CC with a permit honored by GA.

I would have no issue OCing while visiting.

Also, one other question....what are some of your feelings on OC?
Ambivalent. No real reactions one way or the other. I have only had a few comments and all either neutral or positive.

What have you found to be any pros
Deterrent factor, comfort, comfort, not having to constantly wonder if my gun is showing, comfort.

and cons?
I almost knocked over a sunglasses display once (caught the grip on an edge). Caught it in time though.

This is my first post....thanks for your help!
Welcome and you are welcome.

IANAL YMMV

Steve.b

Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply!! It was very helpful! And your right about not having to worry about whether your gun is showing or not. I have that problem with a few shirts that I wear!