• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UP FOR VOTE: New Firearms Preemption law, and ban on firearms confiscation

amaixner

uuummmm its illegal to confiscate them anyway..... people and the government should know that.

Great, let's just hope that it will never happen then, instead of making a change to the law so that is is explicitly illegal!

Remember how many so-called law enforcement officers "just followed orders" in LA, where there wasn't an explicit law saying they could not confiscate guns?

Last edited:

matt2636

Great, let's just hope that it will never happen then, instead of making a change to the law so that is is explicitly illegal!

Remember how many so-called law enforcement officers "just followed orders" in LA, where there wasn't an explicit law saying they could not confiscate guns?

yeah i understand what your saying. and its sad when even law enforcment doesnt even know the law or hassle you just cause they dont know the law. and "just following orders" does not cut it and is not a good reason to be searched or put in a jail cell just because they were following orders. im sorry but where does "just following orders" fall into the constitution? if thats the case that officer and the officer giving the order should be under investigation. in case people forgot LE does not have more power than anyone else on the street. even a private civialan can make an arrest and testify in court. the only difference is they get paid to do it and do it on a regular basis. im not bashing them but its the truth.

amaixner

yeah i understand what your saying. and its sad when even law enforcment doesnt even know the law or hassle you just cause they dont know the law. and "just following orders" does not cut it and is not a good reason to be searched or put in a jail cell just because they were following orders. im sorry but where does "just following orders" fall into the constitution? if thats the case that officer and the officer giving the order should be under investigation. in case people forgot LE does not have more power than anyone else on the street. even a private civialan can make an arrest and testify in court. the only difference is they get paid to do it and do it on a regular basis. im not bashing them but its the truth.

I heard that LEOs have arrest powers for all misdemeanor offenses, while the rest of us can only arrest for felony or a misdemeanor against ourself/company/family... or something like that. IANAL.

Note that this set of bills also includes the strengthened preemption to counter our anti-gun zealot AG, and the stand-your-ground bill too. I believe these two issues are more likely to have an impact on us than the confiscation language, but all three are important.

matt2636

I heard that LEOs have arrest powers for all misdemeanor offenses, while the rest of us can only arrest for felony or a misdemeanor against ourself/company/family... or something like that. IANAL.

Note that this set of bills also includes the strengthened preemption to counter our anti-gun zealot AG, and the stand-your-ground bill too. I believe these two issues are more likely to have an impact on us than the confiscation language, but all three are important.

yeah i get what you mean. it just grinds my gears to think we need crap passed to insure we have it.

aadvark

It is better to have Favorable Firearms-related Legislation Passed into Law, as Opposed to going without such Legal Precendent in Todays Generally Anti-Firearm America.
Absent This Important Legislation, There is ALWAYS SOMEONE who will Attmept to Strike The Second Amendment, and its Protections..., in one Fashion or another.