• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The latest from the Maplewood City Council 3 29/11

xc9subcompact

None of that matters around here. LEO are your enemy dontcha know? They just eat donuts and harass OC'ers for no reason. That's their job.

Please don't bring common sense into this thread. :lol:

As a human being with human emotions and human reactions, I can tell you that if I am not doing anything contrary to the law (or believe I am not), I expect to be treated as a law abiding person.
If a police officer becomes disrepectful of that, I am going to tend to become a mirror of disrespect. It's a human thing. If I am being approached by a police officer and being questioned, I am naturally going to want to know why. Respect is fair to all.

When asked a question, I will answer as I deem appropriate. If the police don't like my answer, I don't think it is grounds for immediate escalation into an argument and/or threats of false charges and/or bodily harm, as we have seen in the videos of the past that prompted the St. George PD to dissolve, also the Philidelphia OC incident of this month. Each of these examples ultimately resolve in favor of the citizen and end bad for the police. If there were no recordings we know the outcome would be different.

Rodney King wouldn't have had all of that money to waste on drugs if the video tape didn't exist and those convicts that previously called themselves police would still be police.

Last edited:

Superlite27

Oh my god....

Must we always disintigrate into the lowest common denominator?

Give any thread enough time and it inevitably degrades into LEO bashing. What hypocrites within our own ranks! As we whine and moan in the face of the injustice of Maplewood City Council lumping us all into the same category and falling prey to the stereotype of OC'ers as a bunch of brainless, irresponsible, cowboys......

....we throw around our own stereotypes of doughnut eating flatfoots.

Nevermind that many law enforcement officers are supportive of our civil liberties. (As evidenced by the Frontenac officer saying hello and "good to see you exercising your second amendment rights" at the Ladue Starbucks). I've never had a bad situation with any LEO other than a few questions and then on my way....

Yet, some of us insist on making things confrontational (US vs. THEM) anyway.

Pointless and unproductive. At best.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Not worth my time. It's the general attitude on this site, though.

Well that sounds like the dismissive attitude of some one who got called out on their interjecting a opinion based negative comment.

Festus,
I know you are less than whole hearted in supporting OC. But fabricating things. You can do better than that. You will find that most people here have respect for the law. To paint every one with such a blanket statement is usually a tactic of Liberals and Elitists.

Doc

Festus_Hagen

Well that sounds like the dismissive attitude of some one who got called out on their interjecting a opinion based negative comment.

Not sure what your talking about, but I don't care, so please don't bother explaining it.

Festus,
I know you are less than whole hearted in supporting OC.
That shows what you THINK you know. I OC every day. That's how I carry 99% of the time. I only CCW when I absolutely need to . I also have my guns with me at ALL times. An XD on the hip in a leather holster, as well as an LCP in the right front pocket. I have them when I'm in Wal-Mart, Lowe's or at work. Doesn't matter . I carry ALL the time.

Please don't "know" something about me when you have no idea what you are speaking about and are 100% wrong in your assumptions. Thanks.

What I AM NOT in support of is the methods some use . I think we had an episode in Maplewood not long ago that didn't end well for ANYONE who is Pro 2A . Thanks for that. Thanks alot ....

But fabricating things. You can do better than that. You will find that most people here have respect for the law. To paint every one with such a blanket statement is usually a tactic of Liberals and Elitists.

Doc

:lol: Yea, throw the " Liberals and Elitists " out there. I must be something besides an average Joe, because I don't agree with you. THAT sounds like a Liberal to me....

Sorry, this is America. I'm not going to agree with you 100% of the time. Difference is, when I don't, I'm not gonna try to make you think I'm right and your stupid. That's what people that disagree here get. I don't have to "fabricate" things. I have read alot of stuff in the Mo. forums that are anti-LEO . There is one just a few posts up in case you missed it. :uhoh:

I'm not gonna argue. If you say it's not there, I'm obviously wrong and a liberal. So be it. This has to be the one forum that I care the least about what people think about me ...lol. You are truly "Elitists" here.

randyj

Conveniently excludes; "The vast majority of LEOs, in my view, really do not want to arrest anyone, unless they really have to." and "The down side, some folks wanna go and break the law and mess with a LEOs otherwise uneventful day. " at the end of the post you take offense to.

You are afflicted with myopia. Folks who intentionally parse comments are worthy of disdain.

Sorry randyj....we are closed.

What difference does it make whether or not I quoted the rest of what you said? Would quoting that somehow make what I did quote you saying as somehow not true or not what you meant? It seems to me the words you chose were pretty clear cut and unambiguous.

They were your words. YOU own them. The words YOU chose to use to communicate YOUR thoughts showed you to be shortsighted and thoughtless....at least at that moment. Hopefully you have come to the conclusion that perhaps you might ponder a bit more on what you will say BEFORE you say it.

If you did not mean what you said then "man-up" and retract the comment with an apology to the LEO community. If you only meant a portion of what you said, for clarification...restate what you really meant to say.

Last edited:

cshoff

That's not what I'm saying.

Then prove your accusation. Show us where somebody here said: "LEO are your enemy........They just eat donuts and harass OC'ers for no reason. That's their job", as you erroneously implied in this post:

None of that matters around here. LEO are your enemy dontcha know? They just eat donuts and harass OC'ers for no reason. That's their job.

Please don't bring common sense into this thread. :lol:

Sounds like it is indeed YOU who have a very low tolerance for anyone who doesn't agree with you.

nrepuyan

Popcorn_nommer.gif

randyj

These words are not my own but a neighbors, who happens to be a STL County officer. I paraphrased for brevity.

Context....I meant every word he "said".

Hmmm...so you quoted a neighbor who is a cop, and you agree with everything he said.

I have one question and one thought....

1) what difference does it make that he's a cop?

2) I believe you BOTH are shortsighted and thoughtless and you BOTH owe the LEO community an apology

For the record....I have close family that are LEO. One was the first female to retire from the KCPD. Her sister was one of the first female LEO's in Lenexa, KS. Just offering this to let you know that I have heard first hand accounts/opinions on life as an LEO as well.

The only point I am trying to drive home with you is that your "Simpson's" like characterization of LE was shortsighted and thoughtless, as well as being seemingly less than grateful for their willingness to put all on the line "when" called upon to do so....same as our brave military men and women.

All I am asking from you is to show respect..thats it. No more, no less than that. R-E-S-P-E-C-T Show it!!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Wow!

Generalizations are really dangerous.

I think it is about time for a lot of folks to take a step back, re-evaluate and observe instead of the continued knee jerk reactions.

MK

I support you lancers. What some seem to shrug off too easily is that fact that you should have never been detained and foced to ID in the first place. I don't support that behavior by our armed agents of the State.

Police make mistakes, some actually even intentionally commit crimes or coverups. I don't see where the taboo status comes from when people choose to talk about it, try to suppress the potential for that behavior or call for action against individuals or departments who act in the wrong. The police were wrong. Stating that here is not LEO bashing.

The most important part of this story to me is not everything that came after, its what happened at the beginning because that can happen to anyone of us and has happened plenty of times before to OC'ers. A man was legally carrying a firearm in our State and police officers were called to the scene and proceeded to detain and force ID the guy. Nothing that happens after erases that situation or justifies the action the locality is taking by trying to extrapolate it further out and ban the legal activity.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
No really, seriously, no kidding, yep without any doubt.

Can the officer weener size contest end soon?

Lots of good LEO in the world, bunches of em.

Life is indeed best when they are bored.

I have met lots more nice, respectful LEOs than I have witnessed poor ones in internet video's and stories.

Same goes for firearm owners.

randyj

Agreed

No, I paraphrased for brevity and to "lighten the moment" so to speak. How could I not agree with him, he is a police officer. Who better would know what a LEOs typical day is better than he. I apologize that my attempt at levity failed on you.

I lend more credibility to his views of life as a LEO than the views of any person who posts on Interwebs forums. I will not attempt to change your belief system with regards to LE, it would be an insult to you and a waste of both our time.

Congratulations to you and your family, I applaud their service. However, I will not get into "my cop buddy is better than your cop buddy" discussions.

You are not asking, you are demanding that I show a certain level of respect.

I respect my friend’s choice of profession and I respect his dedication to the community. My respect for him is not granted because he is a police officer, it is granted because of how he acts as a police officer. Each police officer deserves a minimal level of respect as does any person I encounter. Basic courtesy (respect) to others is very important in my life. I do not demand a higher level of respect from those I meet, I must earn a higher level of respect from them. Do I always receive a minimal level of respect (courtesy), no. Such is life.

Actually, demands for my respect, especially third party demands, engender the opposite; disfavor. Basic courtesy will continue to be the manner in which I interact with strangers. I place no such demand on others.

Basic courtesy would have gone a long way in mitigating the situation that prompted this OC ban in Maplewood. Sadly, basic courtesy is somewhat lacking in today's society.

In closing this line of discussion....I will say that I was not demanding a certain "level" of respect, but rather just respect in general for those in LE. I just did not see it the previous post with which I took exception.

In this post I can see that you do respect the LE community...so all is well again.

In addition, I can agree with the majority of the sentiment in this response from you. The Olive branch is officially offered. We're on the same team.

randyj

Well said...

No really, seriously, no kidding, yep without any doubt.

Can the officer weener size contest end soon?

Lots of good LEO in the world, bunches of em.

Life is indeed best when they are bored.

I have met lots more nice, respectful LEOs than I have witnessed poor ones in internet video's and stories.

Same goes for firearm owners.

Well said my friend, well said.

zekester

Anyone want a son?

I will not be able to make the meeting in MW....my son was arrested Friday....his court date is that Tuesday..

I am hoping that they will alllow him to be released with nothing but a fine and probation...

Love my kids....but they are idiots.