• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sarah & Jim Brady on Fox in DC

MSC 45ACP

Anniversary of President Reagan's shooting

I wonder how much mileage the antis will try to get out of the anniversary of President Reagan's shooting by Hinckley? Of course they'll parade their posterboy's wife out to talk about the shooting.

Ironic its at the same time VA TECH is fined $55,000 for their negligence in not protecting their students by not "notifying them in a timely manner". I believe they were FAR more negligent than not letting everyone know they were sitting ducks to a scumbag when they could have been armed for self-defense.

AtackDuck

It was little more than a blurb...

Surprisingly, it was a recorded interview and they didn't really show her on her high-horse. Typically, she talks about 30 round magazines (actually got that right!) and goes right into about how the AWB limited guns to 5 rounds! What a douche.

She always was hard on the eyes, but now--- In a couple of years I think she'll look like this :-d

Attachments

• Thomas.jpg
    Thomas.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Surprisingly, it was a recorded interview and they didn't really show her on her high-horse. Typically, she talks about 30 round magazines (actually got that right!) and goes right into about how the AWB limited guns to 5 rounds! What a douche.

She always was hard on the eyes, but now--- In a couple of years I think she'll look like this :-d

Would it not be better if we stick to discussion of content and philosophy instead of personal appearance? Just sayin'....

USNA69

I wonder how much mileage the antis will try to get out of the anniversary of President Reagan's shooting by Hinckley? Of course they'll parade their posterboy's wife out to talk about the shooting.

Ironic its at the same time VA TECH is fined $55,000 for their negligence in not protecting their students by not "notifying them in a timely manner". I believe they were FAR more negligent than not letting everyone know they were sitting ducks to a scumbag when they could have been armed for self-defense.

IANAL, which could account for my confusion here, but ....

Didn't we just learn on another thread that UMW has no legal duty to protect its students?

RULING - Judge decides state university has no duty to protect students
http://tinyurl.com/6jd23a7
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/F.../1301339464fls

Judge sides with UMW in rape lawsuit
March 28, 2011 12:00 am
BY JEFF BRANSCOME

A Fredericksburg Circuit Court judge today said the University of Mary Washington did not have a legal duty to protect a student who was raped on campus in 2008.

Judge Gordon Willis sided with the state Attorney General’s Office, which is defending UMW against a $10 million lawsuit filed on behalf of the rape victim.

So, if a university has no legal duty to protect its students, why is VT guilty of not protecting its students by delaying a warning about a campus gunman?

Am I mixing apples and oranges?

AtackDuck

Didn't we just learn on another thread that UMW has no legal duty to protect its students?
So, if a university has no legal duty to protect its students, why is VT guilty of not protecting its students by delaying a warning about a campus gunman?

IMO the difference is protecting the students vs notifying the students of danger.

Through the instituting of the nofication system, VT assumed the responsibility of notifying the students of danger, not protecting them. However, it can be argued that because VT denies students armed self-defense, then they assume the reponsibility of protecting them.

I would really like to see this assumption of responsibility pressed in the courts.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

RULING - Judge decides state university has no duty to protect students
http://tinyurl.com/6jd23a7
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/F.../1301339464fls

Judge sides with UMW in rape lawsuit
March 28, 2011 12:00 am
BY JEFF BRANSCOME

A Fredericksburg Circuit Court judge today said the University of Mary Washington did not have a legal duty to protect a student who was raped on campus in 2008.

Judge Gordon Willis sided with the state Attorney General’s Office, which is defending UMW against a $10 million lawsuit filed on behalf of the rape victim.

VT was guilty of violating the federal law regarding reporting certain crimes committed on college campii - as opposed to providing any actual "protection" of students. No, the federal law does not address notifying faculty/staff of crimes, since they are, I guess, presumed to be actual, real adults with full reasoning capabilities, thus capable of making decisions on their own, as opposed to the vast majority of college undergraduate students who are over 18 years old but not really adults in the eyes of the federal government agencies in charge of telling folks what they can learm and how they can learn it.

So, yes, you are mixing apples and orangutans. But don't worry. You have to be not only a lawyer (a person learned on the law, but not necessarily admitted to the bar) but an actual bureaucrat in order to understand how these things work. I are accused and convicted of being both.

stay safe.

2a4all

Ah, I see!

As long as university officials send criers to holler "Fire in the dorm!" soon enough, they will have done their duty within the (federal) law, even though students living in the dorm are prohibited from owning their own fire extinguishers.

Besides, the students would have only used their extinguishers for mischief anyway.

ocholsteroc

Ah, I see!

As long as university officials send criers to holler "Fire in the dorm!" soon enough, they will have done their duty within the (federal) law, even though students living in the dorm are prohibited from owning their own fire extinguishers.

Besides, the students would have only used their extinguishers for mischief anyway.

Should ban cars also. You can get a DUI with a car. You can crash and hurt people.

Last edited:

Shovelhead

All the talk of "High Capacity Assault Magazines" makes my head hurt.......
It seems they think they can attach the word 'assault' to anything and make it evil to the mindless masses.

Last edited:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I believe I read the other day that the Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has about 600,000 members. Some time recently I read that the Brady Campaign now has only about 55,000 dues-paying members. I believed they peaked in the early '90's with about 3-4 hundred thousand. Of course, there is the NRA with 4+ MILLION members.

Isn't it odd that all the major media outlets give lots of free air time to the Brady's anytime a gun issue comes up, despite the fact that it is an increasingly impotent SPLINTER GROUP of anti second amendment bigots? When was the last time you saw the media quote the CCRKBA? Just asking.... <crickets chirping>

TFred

Somebody did a segment on Hinkley the other night... maybe it was O'Reilly? Not sure.

At the time, the predominant thought that was screaming in my head was that he will probably go down as being the single most damaging person to Gun Rights in the history of the United States.

For that alone, he should remain incarcerated forever.

TFred

TFred

I believe I read the other day that the Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms has about 600,000 members. Some time recently I read that the Brady Campaign now has only about 55,000 dues-paying members. I believed they peaked in the early '90's with about 3-4 hundred thousand. Of course, there is the NRA with 4+ MILLION members.

Isn't it odd that all the major media outlets give lots of free air time to the Brady's anytime a gun issue comes up, despite the fact that it is an increasingly impotent SPLINTER GROUP of anti second amendment bigots? When was the last time you saw the media quote the CCRKBA? Just asking.... <crickets chirping>
Brings up an interesting question: Does anyone know of a list of the larger gun rights organizations? It would be interesting to see an ordered list by membership numbers.

TFred

USNA69

All the talk of "High Capacity Assault Magazines" makes my head hurt.......
It seems they think they can attach the word 'assault' to anything and make it evil to the mindless masses.

I like the concept of a "High Capacity Assault Professor". Listening continuously to one for over an hour could lead to permanent intellectual damage.

All American Nightmare

My God what is that? You can fix ugly but you can't fix stupid!

Last edited: