Thread: OC dinner in Madison? for ribs at Fat Jacks on Monona Drive?

OC dinner in Madison? for ribs at Fat Jacks on Monona Drive?

Any interest in a get-together in the next couple of months..? If so, Ill talk to them about OC and if we can get enough people Ill see if they would give us the AYCE ribs/chicken on a Saturday...(that special is only tues-thrus)
    Any interest? Any Saturday better than anyother?

Me - If any of the Blain's of Farm & Fleet fame would want to show up, I'll pick up their tab.
    Last edited by Flipper; 03-30-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

I'd like to, but we'll see what my transportation issue is like come summer.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I'd love to. Have a general idea of a date?

protias, if the date works for me and you need I could pick you up. Being in Milwaukee I go past your area.
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 03-30-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    I'd love to. Have a general idea of a date?

protias, if the date works for me and you need I could pick you up. Being in Milwaukee I go past your area.
    That would be fantastic!

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I sence another car pool in the making....

Outdoorsman1

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I'd like to, but we'll see what my transportation issue is like come summer.
    did your suspicious looking vehicle die?
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    did your "suspicious looking" vehicle die?
    T-boned (totaled) 6 weeks ago.

ok...Ill go talk to them either this week or next and see IF theyd be willing to do their special for us on a different day...WIll keep you posted.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Depending on timing, I would be up for some bbq chicken.

I didn't think there was any good BBQ in Madison, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.... no pun intended.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

For those of you with Madisonphobia, Fat Jacks is in Monona.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    For those of you with Madisonphobia, Fat Jacks is in Monona.
    even better. let's do this!

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I have heard Smoky John's BBQ is good on Packers, but never actually been there. I have been to Famous Daves a few times. They are decent most of the time. I think their catered BBQ is actually better than in the restaurant.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I have heard Smoky John's BBQ is good on Packers, but never actually been there. I have been to Famous Daves a few times. They are decent most of the time. I think their catered BBQ is actually better than in the restaurant.
    They are located in the People's Republic of Political Correctness.

OK...Ill talk to them this upcoming week and tell them I might have 12-15...Ill keep you posted as to what i can arrange.

We will try and make it as well. I love ribs .

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    eaten there (Smokey Jon's) twice, and while I won't steer anyone away from the place (other than the fact that it's located in madison) I was not impressed. My opinion is that he focuses on sauces (look at his awards) and does a so so job on the meat. All in all it's kind of tough to serve "great" pulled pork in a commercial environment unless you are literally burning through pork butts every day... which I don't think he does and I can taste the difference. I am a little biased as I like to compete in BBQ Comps.

Service was great though!
    Last edited by IcrewUH60; 04-02-2011 at 10:32 AM.